Best/Worst Live Shows

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KamikaZ, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

What are your favorite bands to see live (even if their studio albums aren't particularly great to you)? Likewise, who are the worst?

Best (No order, just what came to mind first):

Iron Maiden
    The Arcade Fire
    TV On The Radio
    Rage Against The Machine
    Pearl Jam
    Manu Chao (Maybe my favorite currently)
    Muse (No really a fan of them, but they are quite good live)
    The Roots
    Clipse
    Q-Tip (Accompanied by ATCQ)
    Murs
    DJ Krush

Worst

Nas
    Vampire Weekend
    MGMT
    N.E.R.D.
    (Still thinking about this)

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Best:
    Lyle Lovett and his Large Band
    Jackson Browne - took audience requests for almost 3 hours straight

Worst:
    Black Crowes - Love this band, but gave them 2 chances live and they disappointed both times.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Jack White always puts on a hell of a show (The White Stripes/Raconteurs)....Ryan Adams is a hell of a performer as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Just saw AC/DC a few weeks ago in Nashville it has to be tops with Journey/Def Lepord 2nd.

Worst was Aerosmith with Motley Crue a couple of years back. Sucked big time.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

White Stripes I've heard are one of the best bands live this day in age. I have yet to see them live though.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Muse
    Story of The Year (are they still alive?)
    Cage
    Yakballs
    Kanye
    Mogwai
    Fuel (back when they had the original lead singer)

Ive seen some bad ones but cant even remember.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That Nashville AC/DC show was thrilling. Best "arena" show I've seen in a decade.

And as far as Aerosmith goes - I saw them at The Miami Baseball Stadium in 83(?) during the stretch when Joe and Brad were out of the band. It was so pathetic. Steven Tyler was so F*d up on drugs he was singing the words to Sweet Emotion but the band was playing Walk This Way.. He eventually fell flat on his face and had to be dragged off the stage passed out cold.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Like some O.A.R.

saw them at the Ryman a year or two ago and wasn't impressed with the live performance.

Never seen Smashing Pumpkins before, but I've heard some horrible things about their live performances... and then a different friend told me some great things... Anyone ever catch one of their shows?

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

My best live shows ever:
    The Cramps @ Club Nu on Miami Beach 88
    The Supersuckers @ HOB Sunset Hollywood 99
    Johnny Thunders @ Cameo Theater Miami Beach 87
    X @ Summers on the Beach Ft Lauderdale 83

Worst:
    TNTC
    I've seen so many haggard, horrible sets over the years from bands on the same bill as The Cruds that I have blocked them out of my mind permanently

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgzb_PVjC-I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXH2QeOWv30

Yeah...I went to their show thinking they were ok, and walked away with them being amazing. Just because of their performance. Energy is unmatched. You have to watch the whole stage because someone is always doing something ridiculous. Guitars are being thrown from on/off stage across the entire thing. They do backflips off the speaker-towers, land, and then catch a guitar that was thrown about 20 ft across stage.

I don't know if they're still together though.

On another note, Thrice is good live too. There was also a band called 'LX' from Nashville that was great, mostly due to their lead vocalist- who left the band shortly after I saw them perform. Too bad. Now he's a guitarist for some band I don't like.

Also, Sage Francis is better live than he is recorded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar