Best young line in the league?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I have to echo most people's sentiment here, that this had better be one of the best in the game. No excuses for Warmack this year, and lewan had better be really special.

2. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Roos and Stewart were picked in the 2nd and 4th rounds. Thats how you pick up book ends that last a decade! A Tackle is expected in some 1st rounds, but a guard is unforgivable! I really hope this is a great unit, but an Oline is just that... 5 guys working as a single entity. Draft status plays no part in chemistry. We can only hope they all gel!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Munchak was a great oline coach.

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Hasn't been the oline coach in years.

So... Munchak>>> Matthews

5. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Who cares if you have a #1 young line, with no one back to throw the ball does it matter? How many Super Bowl, wait how many playoff wins does Roos have as our starting OT? Not to mention 3 criminal charges pending, dumb pick all around.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Also, I wouldn't mind running like we did 99-03 but I'm afraid that part of the game is past. Its all passing now. Sure its good to protect your qb, I get that, but there were high quality OT who went in 2nd round. Never been a fan of over drafting O-Line in first round. You taking them, just gives teams like the Packers drafting 22 a stud

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

It's several years premature to call this even a halfway good line (last year they were below average).

Let's see how this year might shape up...

Roos - on the downside of his career, just an average LT now (below average blocker, still above average pass pro).

Levitre - wow he was really worth $46M, right? Right? Anyone think he's worth all that money?

Schwenke - only played part-time last year, slow start due to injury, too early to tell.

Warmack - spent too much time on his backside last year - the Titans should have drafted Warford.

Oher - he's had one decent year (rookie season) and has gone downhill ever since. Was the weak link on the Ratbirds' line. Ratbird fans were glad to get rid of him and laughed at the Titans for signing him.

I'd say it'll take several years to just become a good line, let alone best in the league.

8. Tim

Tim Starter

I love the fact the best part of this team could be the one. If we can get nasty upfront we'll be in every game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar