Better #32 ... Smith or Jones ???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 9, 2006.

?

Better #32 ?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2006.
  1. Smith

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Jones

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

For a single season in #32, who had a better year?
    WHY? :hmm: Please post.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Pacman Jones and who?

3. maximus

maximus Starter

Antawon Smith

PacMan is going to be better, but its hard to compare a backup RB to a problem causing DB(but Pac is doing better)

4. Lauritsen

Lauritsen Guest

Antowain Smith didnt really do much in Tennessee. He had the chance when Brown went down, and had a 3.7 YPC:sad2:

Pacman did awesome on ST and made some plays at CB. Though he still has a long way to go, I´ll go with Pacman

5. I'll go with Pac, he did good ST plays and besides he is a show on the field, I think he has everybody's attention when he is on the field.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Especially, the Referees...

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Sometimes if it's not hard it's not worth doing.

Who played their role the best? Was anybody disappointed with either player more than the other or conversely was anyone impressed with one more than the other or was anyone impressed with one and let down with the other or is this an issue of which you loath more? Are you a big fan of one and can hardly remember any sigifigant contibution of the other? Would another pick or another FA as the case may be would have been / has been a better fit for the team is a very valid point of consideration. Player market is a good equalizer. It's not about the future or what if he was still here or if they had played on the same team. I'm not asking who is a better athlete or who is a better example setter...there are many components that make up a player and a players value to a team as well as his performance on the field and at what cost. It's about impact in a sense and in a whole other it is about contribution or taking away from the greater good whoever #32 is. Was either a burden in their only season as a Titan? Was one an asset and the other a burden or were they both assets? We are only talking about one year as being #32 and in that one year...well, who was the better Titan? Who played their role the best...there...that's what I'm asking.

Yes it is hard. It's comparing and contrasting analytically.

Simply put it's a pro and con score sheet where one could give them a point for a pro and take a point for a con...or a half point depending on the weight of the factor. Both players are a mixed bag when put in this context. If it got broke down the consensus could run tight.

It's sort of like MVP balloting when you weigh a QB against a RB or even a defensive player such a LB.

maximus, great find on that smilie!

8. maximus

maximus Starter

Good points.
    In that case, I would have to go with PacMan. Antowon made little impact during his short year here in TN

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Pacman is a great return man.

It's kinda a Henry vs. Smith question at this point unless someone can make a case that Pacman Jones is a poor fit within the organization. I don't see that happening.

[​IMG]

10. maximus

maximus Starter

What about this #32 debate
    Bobby Myers vs PacMan

Definitely going with PacMan on this one

As for the Henry vs Smith
    Smith so far, but If we decide to keep Henry, he will probably have a bigger impact than Smith did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar