Biddles' Draft Busts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

He had potential. He was a baller. Shame what happened to him.

2. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

no they dont

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

To be considered a draft bust you would have to be selected in either the 1st or 2nd round, correct?

The "Titans" have been around for 12 drafts and in that time they've had 21 first or second round picks.

Players that weren't in Biddles Top 10. Antwan Odom, Britt, Jason Jones, Marks, VY, Griffin, Roos, Andre Dyson, Bulluck, Kearse, Thornton, AH. I could argue all those guys outperformed Lendale or it's too early to tell.
    Young will end up being the biggest bust. The QB position is ten times more valuable to a team than all other positions combined. When you draft a QB third over all and he does just enough to keep his job it sets the franchise back 7 or 8 years, minimum. SD had some luck with Leaf because they knew to move forward really quick. Same in Oakland with Russell. 20 wins against mostly sub .500 teams with only 6 coming against above .500 teams will kill a franchise.

Lendale's career here was very similar. His 1000 yard season was one of the most putrid of all time. For players with 300+ carries in a season, only one guy in the history of the NFL had less yards than White. The garbage TDs don't even need to be discussed.

One last reminder. 1000 yards does equal 62.5 yards a game. Hardly special. Chris Henry had a 3.8 career ypc average. Lendale has a 3.7.

Don't believe the hype.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If you say so.... :rolleyes:

(Biddle includes two 3rd round picks in his list btw)

While you're at it hook me up with the Powerball numbers. It would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

I see you're the same ridiculous VY hater you were always were so we won't even get into that. Back to Lendale.... I never said he was spectacular. In fact, I said he didn't really live up to his potential. I just don't think he deserves to be called one of the Titans top 10 draft busts of all time. If we are going by your arbitrary requirement that a draft bust must come out of the 1st or 2nd round then maybe you could make a case. But if you are including 3rd round picks as well, I don't see how you could put LW on that list. He definitely isn't a bigger bust than Paul Williams, Courtney Roby, Brandon Jones to name a few.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Shouldn't you be preparing for your first child with your grandma?

6. amy

amy Starter

It appeared that LD's weight loss indicated he was ready to compete. But obviously, he and Fisher didn't see eye to eye on some things and I think Fisher just simply fell in love with CJ. I don't see how one can call a player a bust if the player never gets off the bench because the coach is having a love affair with another player. ['love affair' is figurative].

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

White Lazy but not bust
    Pacman stupid but not bust
    Calico injured all the time but not bust.

I think Chris henry is our only bust.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Sure they do. I mean you guys picked some guy named Donald Brown over Beanie Wells. That's about as stupid as they come.

Our Chris Henry picked really bugged me because I was sitting there hoping and I really really thought we were going to pick Steve Smith from USC. For some reason we didn't and it was a stupid pick. Almost as bad as the one I made fun of the colts fan for.

9. mwhjr1988

mwhjr1988 Practice Squad

Another titan fan that really don't know much about the titans:ha:SMH Calico with the music city miracle runback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar