Big Al is Suspended

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't get the suspension, why couldn't they just have benched him, and said he will no longer dress for games. Just don't put him on the active roster. Make him the 4th string DE, and there can be no arbitration.

His trade value is almost nothing. And I don't know who would want to pick up that huge contract. Shanahan Sucks and so does Albert when he decides to be irrational. It's comparable to the Fisher/Young debacle to me.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I've watched him all season long, and hes not as good as he was for us in 08, but he still is one of the best d lineman in the game. We'd be idiots not to try and get him, especially considering it looks like he WANTS to come back to Tennessee.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Chapparal97

It's Shanahan and Snyder here......who knows what they think.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

most of the contract has been paid. If I understand correctly, we'd be getting him for far cheaper than we initially offered when he became a free agent.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Shanahan SUCKS and should be enough proof as to why we should not even try for Gruden/Cowher/any other 1 time super bowl coach. They got one magical year to come together, that doesn't make them All-World.

7. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

That is correct, in fact he had a massive roster bonus this past March. I believe almost all of the guaranteed money has been paid. We would be ludicrous not to make a play for him. He'd be a beast back here.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

No comment.

9. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

'Skins suspend Haynesworth final 4 games (AP)

Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth was suspended without pay by the Washington Redskins on Tuesday for the last four games of the regular season, capping a saga that began last offseason. The move, which the Redskins announced was made because of "conduct detrimental to the club," comes after a long, difficult back-and-forth between Haynesworth, a two-time All-Pro with a $100 million... LINK

10. Chapparal97

for 2010, First things first......Redskins have to let him go and we have to be willing to make a waiver claim or gamble that he'll clear and sign as a FA. Who below us would want a Tackle who only wants to play in nickle/dime packages? Would he play all downs if he was a Titan again in a 4-3?

He would be a great addition, plug up the middle and force the plays outside. I agree, since most of his guaranteed money has been paid, we'd be foolish to not pursue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar