Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Big Ben's Training for the Super Bowl....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VolnTitan, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    Maximus...

I disagree that his stats not being impressive. He has sported 2 straight passing ratings of 98. Only manning has been higher over the last 2 seasons. He doesn't throw for a ton of yardage but that isn't the personality of his team. It's his effectiveness when he throws.

There is an amazing aspect to his numbers. His completion % so far in his career is very high, 64.7%. A comp rate of almost 65% often denotes a west coast offense with a lot of short passes but look at his yards per attempt. Almost 9(8.9) yards in each of his 2 seasons! That's way above the league average which is around 7. That is amazing to complete that high a percentage of your passes and produce that kind of yardage per pass! Almost unheard of and why the high passing rating.

For comparison: In 2003 when steve mcnair won the mvp mcnair had a comp rate of 63% with 8.04 yards per attempt.

Rothelisberger does need to improve on his TD to int ratio.
  2. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    SEC bipolar...

Even with the sbmvp i wouldn't consider him over manning because manning has played so well for so much longer. If he leads the steelers to the super bowl next year we can talk about it.

I still think there is a gap between the top 2 and everyone else. The 2-5th guys on my list would be r-berger, mcnabb, hasselback. Mcnabb had an off year with the injury but remember he took his team to 4 straight nfc champ games and a super bowl before that and had an mvp caliber 2004.

You hate me to say this but over the last 7 years no QB has ever, ever had a better run than manning in the regular season. 97 passing rating, 6 playoff appearences, 6 pro bowls, 4 seasons with 12 or more wins, 69% winning percentage, 6 4000 yard seasons and of course that TD passing record.

That's a rather stout resume even without the super bowl right? Your hatred for manning aside?
  3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    I hate Manning for a number of reasons. Including that he is arguably the best QB in football. I agree. It is a two "horse" race. I just like to get you started because your big long rant posts are very good content which I enjoy. I don't really think Ben is better than Manning...I just wanted to hear your counter argument which I might add, as usual, is sound and solid.
  4. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    I saw those photo's somewhere else a few weeks ago on a site claiming they were from the regular season, though I'm damn sure he got into some of that last night...
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    :helmet: :smile: :football: :beer:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.