Big changes for Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Wolverine, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well, I think every owner is different. If Tommy wants to win NOW then we need an impact free agent or 2 NOW, not after we already have a good team.

Two things impact players. Money, and winning. younger players typically go for the most money while older players typically go for the best chance at winning a ring. This works out fine because we don't want to throw huge money at an older player anyway. Most of the young superstars will get re-signed or franchise tagged. Others will have an option to go to a 'winning' team. But those that don't or the winning team is offering a lot less will go with the money! Suh for instance supposedly has already told Detroit he wants MORE than JJ Watt got. Do you think he's going to NE for $5mill a year? NOPE!

So again, if Tommy REALLY wants to win next season, we need 2 big time free agents if they are there and can be landed. Of your list I'd take Justin Houston if possible! I do wonder if Devin McCourty would come here to play with his brother. If we could get them both...:)

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Where is my 1 big time free agent superstar? You said I could have 1!!!;)

Seriously, if we keep spending $15-20mil on a handful of role players, we are wasting money that could be spent on a BIG IMPACT player. I'd rather fill those 2nd 3rd string roles with mid-late rnd draft picks (cheaper and hungrier) or undrafted free agents in order to get a big time free agent or two!

I like Ingram, but we have better things to spend our money on in a RB by committee position. Heck, we already have a ton of money in McCluster and he barely plays. While you picked out some nice role players, would you rather have them or Dez Bryant with mid-late round picks or cut free agents filling on on those other roles? I'll take a Dez Bryant.

I would not cut Morgan as he can at least play the run and is cheap for another year. Might keep Stevens as we need another blocking TE but it's him versus a Clay vs a draft pick...if I'm trimming fat to get a couple of Superstars, I take the draft pick with DW and TT as my 1 and 2. Then sign me a superstar!

Who is better? BWW at CB (who is young and should keep getting better) or Griffen at FS (who is older and NOT getting better)? We already have BWW cheap and Griffen at a very high cost. Which needs replacing first?

Peters. I'll have to look over my notes. Is he the one that is very grabby? Can't remember off the top of my head.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Please no big time WR until AFTER we fix the OL and QB positions. WR offers almost nothing if you arent set at those positions yet

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Normally I would agree with you except...

1. Part of our QB problem may be that our WR's are NOT getting open. Having a big time WR like Bryant means we have a 7-11 WR...open all day! He will also turn more shorter throws into BIG gains and TD's. He will also give us a big time red zone threat!

2. There is no obvious QB for us to sign in free agency. If Cleveland re-signs Hoyer, we have no good options here.

3. We tried the last 2 years to throw big money at the OL in levitre and Oher and I'd say we have failed in that strategy. I would try and sign Roos to sure up RT and fix one spot but I think the other spots need to improve with time (Chance) or via draft. Again in the draft, there isn't really a top first rnd OG either.

So we can't really fix the OL and QB issues via free agency except for Roos but I am talking about BIG MONEY free agents.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar