Big Kitty In Stores Soon

Discussion in 'Gear' started by maximus, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And Apple clearly has cons
    Windows clearly has pros
    maybe that's easier for you to digest?

Well apparently my joke wasn't completely off the mark if you take it so personally.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

good stuff :shake:

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

name me a few cons if you will
    I hven't heard any so far

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Price, lack of freedom (in particular when it comes to hardware), smaller selection of software. Those are the major cons of the Apple.

edit: oh and a really annoying interface that's more about eye candy than functionality, but I'm hoping that's something that can be turned off.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

7. Apple is priced basically the same as other PC makers do. The difference is that they don't make cheap low-end hardware like the Dells or Gateways of the world.

Again, they just don't offer low-end hardware. But in fact, Apple makes the only computers that run both Mac OS X and Windows (not to mention Linux).

That's really only true for games. Consumers can do anything else in OS X that they can on a Windows PC (even without running Windows on it).

The interface works just fine. The looks don't detract from the usability.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

It's very frustrating that people don't understand the difference between comparing price and comparing the price/value equation.

I bought PCs because they were cheaper, only to later discover that I had to pay extra for all the software on it to work. The only thing ever involved in the price is a dead metal box and an OS. I spent far more money on a "cheaper" PC than I did one loaded Mac, and the PC rarely worked, plus cost me a fortune in tech support charges.
    It's simple: PCs ARE NOT CHEAPER. Enough with that already. If you are opening up a Dell catalog and looking at the sale price of a computer and using this as a basis for your opinion, you are fooling yourself.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And again the Mac users retreat into their little cocoon, sheltered from real life.

Apple is NOT priced the same as PC's (at least not over here, can't talk about the US obviously). I can build a comparative PC at a fraction of the cost of a Mac, which is another of my points, I couldn't build a Mac from spare parts if I wanted to (I don't know what the future will bring now that Apple acknowledged that they needed to use standard x86 hardware).

And the mere fact that OS X is a different OS than Windows means that unless a company has a Mac version of their program, you won't be able to execute it on a Mac, unless you run Windows or virtual machine of some sort.

And I didn't say the interface didn't work, I just said it was more about eye candy than functionality, which I have no use for.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Are you seriously saying that Windows is bad because you had trouble working it? Are you also going to claim that the Unix based systems are bad because you don't know how to use them??

But of course, if you're prone to paying for support, then choosing the system that is simplest to use is probably a good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar