Big Problem at RB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Wrong. CJ was playing with a worse OL. Not even close! Sankey is a waste and will never be more than Javon Ringer 2.0

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I dont often go for those negative ratings below, but I just had to on this, you are gay for CJ, its seriously screwing with your idea of what a bad OLine looks like.

Our OLine BAD, NYJ OLine average. Theres a large gap between BAD and average, I wish our OLine was average.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Have you watched every snap of Iupati and Bulaga? It is not our JOB to scout these players. It IS our GM's JOB to do this! So if a player is brought here and fails, it is on the GM!!! You wanna give the GM a free pass and blame the fans??? Fans will see Levitre is the highest rated OG available. It is the GM's JOB to decide if he is WORTH bringing in and for how much! He couldn't have been much more wrong!!! And then he did it again with Oher! Only difference...Oher was considered to NOT be that good and not likely to get much of a contract. Then Webster gave him the 3rd highest!!!

If we grab Iupati and Bulaga and they play poorly, we will get rid of our coaching staff as both players have been good for other teams. Didn't Iupati just go to the Pro Bowl? Bulaga was not viewed as a problem blocking for one of the best QB's in the NFL.

I have suggested some of our OL woes should be blamed on Whiz and our OL coach. Have we seen improvement from Schwenke or Warmack or Levitre? No. Has Whiz altered his blocking schemes to help them out with extra blockers, chipping, or simply going to a shorter passing game? For the most part...NO! In fact, after we were starting a bunch of backups and still running 7 step drops with 5 man protection and getting our QB killed yet again, Whiz basically said there wasn't much more he could do. And yet, magically, the next week we chipped a lot, kept in an extra blocker at times and went to a shorter passing game.

4. TitansWillWin2

No. I'm talking about CJ's OL his last year with us. It was just as bad as last season if not worse!

• Troll Troll x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

Oh God no, it was bad, but not this bad.

2012 was close to this bad, but 2013 wasn't.

I dont think Ive ever seen as bad an OLine as we had the last month of the season in my life at the NFL level.

6. TitansWillWin2

Heres the line left to right for us last month of last season. Svitek, Levitre, Spencer, Warmack, Stingly. The next game Replace Stingly with Meredith.

In 2013 season, CJ's last season, last month of season we had Roos, Levitre, Schewenke, Warmack, Stingly.

You're right they are both bad but last year at the beginning of the season we had a healthy line and Sankey still failed to produce. Except in shotgun situations when the defense was heavily playing the pass.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Not ONLY because of Levitre! He's made lots of mistakes...Levitre, Oher, Griff's contract extension, DMC, etc. But the point was when we needed an OG and a RT...he whiffed on both and we get to pay for it.

He's also responsible for keeping Munch around twice, agreeing with Locker being our starting QB, and hiring Whiz who failed terribly this year.

About the only positives I can see are his contract extension for Casey, cutting Oher, and theoretically doing better in the draft last year (time will tell). Free agency, other off-season moves, the draft and next year will spell the legacy for Webster and Whiz. They will get it right or they will be gone!

8. JCBRAVE

Wrong, at the beginning of the year Sankey was moving untouched, he was looking promising, doing exactly what he does; make it to the LOS, makes a cut and gets 4+ yards every time.

Theres a thread somewhere where I picked apart his first 4 or 5 games carry by carry, dig that up and that'll show you he was effective when the Line was still intact

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You also think CJ is an elite RB...

10. JCBRAVE

Ok I cant even do the CJ debate again, wont do it, stop baiting me TWW2

Sankey debate? Im game for that, but screw CJ, thats the last Ill say of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar