Big Problem at RB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Again, we went 7-9 with the previous coaching staff...then UPGRADED the roster via free agency and the draft. We had an 8-8 or better talented roster. unfortunately, a bad OL will kill your run game and your QB, add in a D with no pass rush and a special teams unit that can't block and you end up drastically underperforming!!!

Anyone claiming this is a 2-14 roster must think Munchak was a GREAT coach because he must have gotten 7 wins with a backup QB and a 1-15 roster. And yet, I don't see anyone suggesting that! lol

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

The line was intact for a long time. Up until Lewan went down then we just started putting in scrubs to tank.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Any chance you scouted him that season? Everyone writes that he was so good...just no one who actually watched him play much. Since I do watch a fair amount of Jets game he didn't exactly stand out to me...but I wasn't specifically watching him either. Just wondering if anyone really took a close look at him his last year in Buffalo.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats where I came up with my theory he gets picked on by defenses here. In Buffalo he wasn't the target of so many blitzes. Here he's being blitzed routinely.

I watched probably 7 or 8 Bills games when we were rumored to be looking at Levitre, I dont recall him getting attacked so often in Buffalo.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

PLEASE stop saying this as there is ZERO basis for this argument. Would you rather attack a VET LG or a RT who is viewed as not very good who outweighs Levitre by a whole 10 lbs.

In the NFL, they don't bother with these kinds of size things unless it is a mismatch working against them. The reality is, people are targetting Levitre because he's been getting beaten like a drum! Even by much smaller defenders!!!

6. JCBRAVE

Are you joking? JJ Watt picks on the weak, they move him all around to get the better match-up, teams absolutely do do this.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

He's getting beaten every which way. He gets overpowered, he's gets shed like a rag doll at times...but the one that kills me the most is when they run a simple End/Tackle stunt and he ignores the coming inside guy, our QB gets crushed and he's like...what happened? And then they do it again and again and again!!! That's a rookie mistake. No vet should be fooled by a simple tackle end stunt they've seen since High School. He's getting beaten physically and mentally.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Heck no. Completely based my judgement off the media.

9. JCBRAVE

Schwenke isn't doing anyone any favors either, thats the weak spot of our line, that left side A-gap

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

at this point Sankey is Ringer+ no doubt

BUT he still has a chance to get better

I would definatly make RB open competition and get a couple of undrafted rookies in as competition for Sankey, Andrews and Battle. McCluster and Greene also if RW refuses to face reality and retain them

Leon Washington must go though. He is KW's Donnie Nickey

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar