Big test for the Nashville community and Titan fan base

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by murrykline, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murrykline

murrykline Starter

Have we been through enough? Can it get much worse? Will we allow ourselves to be a part of this disfunction?

I believe that the Nashville community and the Titan fan base have a rare opportunity to stand up for themselves during the next 5 months.

Personal beliefs aside........How can anyone put their heart and soul behind VY going forward? We will always be simply the next time he gets boo'd away from another all out meltdown. We need someone that everyone can get behind and feel good about.

Fisher -- When do we say when? I personally believe in Fisher and understand that odds are we get a much worse coach, but I get it for those that have had enough. 16 years and no rings??? I get it, but I still warn those to be cautious of what you wish for. But again, I understand the grief.

Chuck Cecil...... Position coach , dressed up as a D Coordiator, and messing things up...That has to stop, and can be argued as a major knock against Fisher for his decision.

Bud --- You are killing our future..Who the hell is going to want to coach here now? Thanks alot. Also ....why the undying loyalty to VY? He is a below average, overpaid QB. Not smart..biggest talent is running, but does not want to run and is mentally unstable..Why do I care more that he quit in SD, and then in Jax.,....Why was I more embarrassed about the chicken wing/gun incident, and also about this weekends antics? I do not get it.

Overall...we can either choose to sit back and watch, or actually band together to drive change (at least try) ....If enough people get marching to the beat of the same drum, it just may get loud enough to count.

Bud -- Allow change to happen. Let's get a QB we can all believe in already.

WTBFWE -- I will explain what that means later

2. amy

amy Starter

Murry, it is obvious that Bud, Jeff, and Vince all have their issues with each other. But Bud is the one with the money and he makes the decisions, regardless of who is coach. Bud is like a doting grandfather who buys his grandson another car every time he totals one. He excuses or doesn't even admit to Vince's faults. So the Titans are stuck with Vince. Fisher has one more year on his contract and I fully expect him to resign at the end of the contract period if not before. As much as I think Fisher is as much at fault as Vince, he doesn't need a petulant QB who thinks now he can do as he pleases cause grandpa Bud will again bail him out. It is a lose-lose situation for Fisher and a win-win situation for Vince. It's sad all the way around. But on the bright side, it is only a game and in the grand scheme of things, means little to nothing.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Well said.. Bud should have waited to chime in. No decent coach will want to take over with the bad kid/sugar daddy thing happening right now.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

fish face ain't going nowhere IMO. VY, if BA gives him the roster bouns, will get the Harvey WIlliams treatment

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Isn't it amazing that we are a mere three weeks past the Moss = Superbowl anointing ceremonies????

I agree with Murry....I will have a tough time following a team with a kindergarten kid as its leader. That said, I WILL continue to follow them and root for them, because I love Nashville and this team.

As gruesome as this sounds, nothing here will change (besides coaches and players...sort of like deck chairs) until Bud is no longer around to mess it up. For Bud's sake I hope that is no time soon. I, like Creeping Cruds, will be forever indebted to Bud for bringing the team to Nashville, regardless of how many boneheaded decisions he has made since then.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

except for BAs mancrush on VY, and that is a big EXCEPT, BA has been a model owner IMO.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Yep, I agree...this town is much better off with the Titans than without and I am thankful too that Bud brought them here.

And, this soap opera will pass as well. If it didn't boil my blood I guess I would have to question my fanhood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar