Bigger Disappointment

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Doc, Aug 5, 2015.

?
  1. Locker

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. VY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan

Stan Infinite

He didn't have the desire to even try with another team. I know he was constantly injured but VY at least wanted to keep playing regardless of the massive amount of adversity that he faced with our franchise.

I think VY was a bigger disappointment in the end as he teased us with what he was able to do. Locker couldn't stay on the field and only had a couple games where he actually did anything worthwhile.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Vince Young and I say this because it's from a talent perspective. In his short tenure, Vince Young won some games and put the Titans on the map (then took us right back off). Rookie of the Year, Pro Bowl and Madden cover all after 1 season. Even though they were just regular season wins, I'll always remember the Arizona and New York Giants comeback victories.

His downfall was everything but talent, mainly his maturity levels. I'm not going to start the whole Jeff Fisher debate either but it was clear if VY had his head on straight we would have gone on to do great things.

For Locker, in hindsight. He was just a guy we had to take. There was still a bad taste in the organization's mouth from VY so what do you do? Draft the opposite as far as intangibles go. New staff, somewhat new front office and now a new QB. That had to be the play even though Locker should have never been taken that high. Locker had some good traits and when healthy showed flashes but he was simply never healthy and his potential wasn't all that high because imo he didn't progress as much as a top 10 pick should after a few years.

VY could've put us at the top, Locker could've been that guy that can get you near the door.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Hey guys, we could've drafted Blaine Gabbert instead of Locker :beerbang:

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

That's why I put injury.

He was producing.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He didn't tease us. He fought to stay on the field.

Remember the last game.

6. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I still remember hearing reports that Vince begged to go back into the game and he could lead the team to get the W and Fisher apparently told him "Sit down, this is Rusty's team now."

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I go with Locker, easily.

8. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

What Fisher did to VY will go down in my book as one of the most disappointing things I've ever seen a coach do to a player. The punishment did not fit the crime.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

woulda figured out he sucked earlier atleast.

but we got mariota instead of bortles. we'll see how that turns out

10. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Bigger Dis?.... Locker.

When you draft a guy in the Top 10 - you expect him to remain healthy... at least 65% of his first 2-3 years.... And Jake was lucky if he was 65% in a 3 game course.....

Vince had his speed bumps - but Jake was supposed to be this all round QB that was to deliver us from our stalemates at QB since McNair... But if he broke a nail, and out 5 games....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar