Biggest area of need

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by cozmicfool, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Trade up a few spots and take DeCastro.

2. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I really feel as if we need a DT. I've seen great DT make DEs better but I rarely seen it the other way.

I think with a good DT we can have a dominate front again. IMO

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Jurrell Casey and Karl Klug both looked like they have high ceilings. Casey is a bigger run stopper and Klug lead the team in sacks. I would like to see both of them get significant PT.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

DT is VERY deep. We can get a 1st round talent in the 2nd. Someone mentioned yesterday taking B. Thompson in the 2nd, and that would be an absolute steal. Think if we got Perry, Curry, or Mercilus in the 1st and Branch in the 2nd. We'd be set.

I also think we need to add a playmaker or two on offense. WR is really deep too. Maybe go that rounte in the 3rd, and a speedy guy like Chris Rainey in the 4th.

When do we find out if we get any compensatory picks for Babin and Tulloch?

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I agree on Casey, but I think there's still a ? surrounding Klug. Although I LOVE his intensity, we still need to find out if he's a "every down DT" or just a "situational pass rusher." Ultimately what will answer the question is how he fares against the run.

That'll declare whether he's on the field on 3rd & 1 or 3rd & 6+.

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Center and D-line is our biggest need right now, but we should still be drafting best player available.

http://www.titansreport.com/topic/3521-estimated-compensatory-draft-picks/

We're projected to not get any compensatory picks. I don't know how reliable this source is; it doesn't really make sense to me. If half the players on this list get compensatory picks then Babin and Tulloch definitely should. Maybe we signed too many free agents or something.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Seriously, again with the klug talk? The guy is limited. He will not and never will hold up to an every down player. He has a hard time keeping his weight up, it's all been publicized. He is a situational player, and the team knows that. He is great on passing downs but run downs please please please do not have him in there.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

No compensatory pick for losing Finnegan or Jones? Or would those come next year?

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Biggest need:
    DT
    DE
    C

I think we can get a starting DT or DE in the 1st but at #20in the 2nd the best guys will have gone.

We could find our future C at #20 in the 2nd though. Hope we go DT and DE though and sign Dan Koppen at Center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar