Biggest Positional Need?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 2, 2013.

?
  1. DE

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. DT

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. OG/C

30 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. CB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. S

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  6. ILB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. WR/TE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. QB

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  9. RB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. OT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

As much as I want our defense to be better...... we need this line fixed.

Fix the line in FA, spend #1 pick on BPA defense, then look at the rest of the pics and pick the BPA, since we have holes almost everywhere.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Klahed Holmes wasnt anywhere near 100% for that game.

Did you watch more than one game of his? Sure, vs USC.. he dominated. Other than that he had many average games. He was inconsistent, many of this could be due to double teams and being the highlighted player. I do think he's good, but my point was that he's not a sure fire lock to be a stud.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I couldn't believe someone suggested a DT, but I'd take a guy like Star if he's available. While Marks might not be able to stand up a block and disengage well, he's great at causing disruption when he's shooting gaps and attacking the ball. How many times this year was he in the backfield changing the direction of the run?

A better D-Line could definitely help out our DB's (I picked a S as our biggest need) and we could address S in FA.

I think a healthy O-Line will suffice if we get some help in the off-season. We need another starter at G and we need some picks in the draft to fill other roles. Stewart and Roos are getting older and will need replacements.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah, i've already changed my mind from DT to OG.

This is the problem, we have way too many holes.

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

A heart.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

We need an impact player at the # 10 spot and my vote is Star Lotulelei or Chance Warmack.

I believe Star is a top 5 selection, so he will be gone. My choice for the Titans will be Chance Warmack.

Before everybody loses it, let me explain the importance of a dominant in-line run blocker with the leverage to anchor effectively.

To fully utilize CJ's skill set, he needs holes (a running lane). We don't get this on a consistent basis. If we get this on a consistent basis, I guarantee CJ will either lead the league in rushing or yard per carry. This will take pressure off of Jake and allow him to focus on one thing. Once he masters this one thing, then he can progress an focus on another aspect of quarterbacking. This one thing is playaction.

This slow progression is being used in San Francisco, Seattle and Washington. What do all of these teams have in common - you guessed it a young quarterback. The success of the offense is not dependant upon the quarterbacks success/ failure. The offense is fueled by the run game which opens up other facets of the offense (in this case playaction).

Also, I disagree with the theory lets draft a tackle and move him to guard. If a player specializes at a particular thing, let them specialize at that particular thing (Just because someone is an all-pro long snapper doesn't mean they would be an all-pro center). There is going to be a transition that will affect even a top-rated tackle being moved to guard. We don't have time to waste.

And that is my case for Chance Warmack. Now realistically speaking, I would attempt to trade back but If I couldn't find a trade partner I would have no problems selecting Chance Warmack at 10. These guys are usually hall of famers (The Houston Oilers drafted Matthews with the ninth overall pick in the first round of the 1983 NFL Draft. During the 1982 NFL Draft, Mike Munchak was chosen as the Houston Oilers' first round draft pick (8th overall), Steve Hutchinson, Alan Faneca, etc. ...)

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I picked S. Specially I mean SS. I think Griff will be better if he has a good wing man. Like he did back when Hope was still good.

8. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Owner, Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator OG/C then safety in that order

9. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Wheres the option for coaches? and no option for NEW TEAM!

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I picked OG/C for the reasons that JCBrave posted. SS may be the easiest need to fix, a lot of quality players in free agency and very deep in the draft. DT is 2nd for me, we need that game changing force on the line that can stuff the run and get to the QB. Ideally that would be Star but he won't be available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar