Bills, Titans, Broncos are possibly the next teams to be sold, eventually

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[float][​IMG][/float] With the Browns on the verge of being sold by Randy Lerner to Jimmy Haslam, some of you have asked which other teams could be available.

OK, one of you has asked. ”Some” sounds better.

The chatter in league circles is that the teams most likely to be on the market in the not-too-distant future are the Bills, Titans, and Broncos.

The Bills and Titans are each held by their original AFL owners. Ralph Wilson, who initially wanted to put an AFL team in Miami, has owned the Bills since 1960. Bud Adams founded the Houston Oilers that same year, moving them to Tennessee 35 years later.

It’s believed that the families of Wilson, 93, and Adams, 89, will sell the franchises once they inherit ownership of them. Actually, Haslam had been rumored as one of the candidates to buy the Titans, given that Haslam’s family lives and works in Tennessee.

The reasons for the potential availability of the Broncos, another original AFL franchise, aren’t known. Owner Pat Bowlen is only 68, which makes him a spring chicken in relation to some of his colleagues. Rumors and reports of memory issues swirled a couple of years ago, but that talk largely has subsided. Some in Denver believe that, eventually, Bowlen will find a way to sell the team to V.P. of football operations John Elway, and that Elway will find a way to buy it.

Potential buyers don’t have to cut a check for $1 billion or close to that amount. Instead, league rules permit one person to own as little as 30 percent. Technically, one family may own 30 percent, with at least one person from the family owning 10 percent.

Here’s hoping the Kardashians aren’t aware of that.

[​IMG]
    Source: Pro Football Talk

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

these were the types of articles that got PFT laughed at a few years back......

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wouldn't care if the team was sold, Bud Adams kinda sucks.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I would hope buds family sells to a new owner who wants to win and is willing to spend the money on more than just one has been running back.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Be careful what you wish for, we may get a Daniel Snyder.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Haslam? Nooooooooooo

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yeah, I hate that guy. Its bad enough he's the governor and is destroying our schools, now he has to mess with my football too? :chairwack:

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

This scared me when I saw the article. Then I relaxed knowing we wouldn't be sold out of state. Then I was scared because our new owner may be some shmo who runs our organization into the ground. Dear god please sell the team to someone who is competent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar