Billy Volek is a free agent

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's temporary. And Volek > Collins. Look at our options... nothing great out there.

Why not?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wait, you want us to have 8 QB's on roster for training camp?

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I want them to explore every option trying to find the right person. Don't we usually have 5 or so???

We had Rusty, Collins, VY last year, and They usually try out some UDFAs like Gesser, Mortenson, J.White, and some italian sounding guy I can't remember, in the past. Obviously, only a few will stick, but I say exhaust every option. Bring in some legitimate contenders for the job, instead of people you don't really expect to make an impact. Every year you hear those names on the roster... the Birdines etc. that you know at best will be a short term backup.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't think anyone is claiming that Volek can lead the Titans to a championship.

What I am saying is that I think Volek might be a good guy to bring in for a few years while you try to slowly move forward and develop a rookie QB. Then he can step aside when the rookie QB is ready to start.

There's no magical QB who is going to make the Titans into a Super Bowl contender next season. This team needs to go about rebuilding the proper way. That plan will probably include a placeholder QB. Volek is my suggestion for that role. Nothing more than that.

5. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

I like Volek alot. Good arm, decent wheels, not afraid to take the hit. I was pissed when we let him go. I would definitely roll with this before being stuck with another year of Kerry ball. Get rid of Collins, Nickey, Hawkins and sign Volek.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Play Hawkins.

Get rid of Nickey, Collins, Scaife, and find a replacement for Hope.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

Well having between 5-8 QB's limits what each of them could get in terms of practice. Quality over quantity is what I say. I'm kind of with you on this, sure, bring in 4 capable QB's to compete. But of those 4 or so, make sure it's not like a 1, a 2, and a 3rd sting. have 4 No.2 QB's who can make the step into a starting role.

This past summer we had a 1, a 2, and a 3. Then we put up with Simms for entertainment. We need better than those 3 or 4 guys.

8. JCBRAVE

If anyone is going, it needs to be Gage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Yes!! Easily the weakest link of our receiveing corps.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar