Bipolar Disorder

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Every case is different...???...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

well yeah, that's what makes pathology so hard to define. It's on a continuum.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'll let you know how things work out for me. And I didn't come here for sympathy or pity. I came to talk about the disorder and see what folks around here think of it... just sort of explaining why I disappeared and what I went through.

I'm not manic anymore. I'm not depressed anymore... I think everyone goes through periods of on and off days. That's life. We're all bipolar in certain ways, but that doesn't mean medication is the answer. I'm pretty laid back, I'd say... so why would you think I would have another manic episode again?

I guess if I take a trip right before school starts, driving 2000 miles, going on roller coasters for 7 hours and taking a mountain dew and a 5 hour energy at the same time, I'll be in for one hell of a ride again.

And about my own stupid decision... they weren't really all mine... I went on the trip but didn't really know the plan. I didn't realize we were going to be doing so much driving in so little time. I figured I would have more time to prepare for school than I ended up with... and then my dad just started pumping me up with meds... forcing me to take 'em. I just got to the point where my body couldn't handle anymore of them... probably a chemical imbalance or something. I don't really know. All I know is I like the way I feel now without being on any medication... and that's the way I want it to stay.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

But you won't stay that way... but that's fine man. When I was your age I said the exact same things you are saying. Really, all you have to do is find the saturation point of that distress... When it comes back around and you shoot up or plunge... you'll remember that I tried to warn you. Go ahead and learn for yourself. It's really the only way.

You are just like the child that you tell not to touch a hot stove. The child does not understand why and the parent says because he can be burnt by it. For whatever reason the child is not content with that and touches the stove in spite of the warning.

Go learn the hard way. When you fall on your face again, look me up. I gave you my information. Find me. I'll be every bit as willing to help you then. You just don't want help right now. That's all you.

Good luck. You will need it.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The "driving trip" simply equals stress, which is in abundance in life. Be cautious if nothing else..

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I've been there and done that man.

The nature of the condition is that for every good day you have you gradually let your guard down.

You forget the signs that things are slipping and the next episode creeps upon you and slams you when your not mentally prepared for it.

You brought this up and are benefiting from members with a lot of experience in living with this sharing with you.

Don't view it as people telling you what to do. Take a step back.No matter how bad that shrink made things for you,you're not the only person that it's happened to.

You can only learn to live with this yourself but plenty of other people have had the same issues.Most of them become guru's on the subject of their own condition.

Understanding each of the meds and their drug interactions. The effects of booze on your condition,weeds etc. You need to know all of these things.

The omega3 oils need to be taken in huge quantities to make a difference. Cinnamon as a supplement is good too.

Cognitive behaviour therapy is a good way to understand what pushes your buttons and how to avoid putting yourself back on the roller coaster too.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Hoffa

Man, you guys are nuts....:grrhee:

8. Hoffa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Nurse Ratched ftw!

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well... I've officially ended my relationship with my dad.

Didn't want things to end up this way, but it's his fault. I'm not going to take the fall for it.

He says he won't support me or accept me as his son if I don't go back to the shrink and get on medication... says I can't do anything in life without medication under Nazi @sswipe's care.

One day I'll prove the wrong. It may take me years, but this is my motivation now. I'll make it happen at some point.

Af far as Titans games... it's looking like I'll only be able to go to a few games each year. I have enough money to be doing that, and I've been working pretty hard lately and earning even more money. So, I'm thinking I'll just pick the best three games each season. Like this year I'll go to the Steelers, Eagles, and either Redskins/Colts/Texans game. I'll go to as many games as possible. I don't see me being able to go to more than 4.

This is going to be much different than what I'm used to. Up until this season, I have only missed 3 Titans home games... one in '98 when we were the Oilers because I had a swim meet (I was only 9 at this time), one in '99 (Rams game) on Haloween for trick or treating lol, and one in '06 because of work (Ravens game).

This season I only attended two home games (Texans and Cardinals). The games in between those two were impossible for me to attend because I was in basic rehab from prescription meds. So now I've missed a total of 9 games. Sucks, but I guess I'll just have to be getting used to it.

Anyone wanna take me to the games??? :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar