Bironas has a bad night

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

CINCINNATI Kicker Rob Bironas is under a little more scrutiny than usual after missing six attempts last year — his highest total since 2006.

In his first preseason game this year, he did nothing to settle any concerns.

The veteran kicker missed two of three attempts in the first half against the Bengals, failing from 38 and 37 yards after hitting from 44.

Bironas missed several days of practice plus the preseason opener on Aug. 8 with back soreness.

“It was a combination of things,” coach Mike Munchak said. “He hasn’t been kicking and so that is going to factor into any position when you aren’t out there competing. He has been in this league long enough to where we know how he is going to respond.”

Maikon Bonani, an undrafted rookie, missed his only attempt of the first half, from 47 yards.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Just wait until he starts missing PATs and finishes the season below 70% on FGs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I guess I will hold my breath all year long when Bironas comes out.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Dan Carpenter was released from Miami. Time to update the file?

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This actually doesn't surprise me, Bironas sucked enough last year to see this coming.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I give everyone a bad game or so, but when you are the kicker, thats all you get. Lets just hope all he needed was the preseason because we will have some close games this year.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Bironas is the Tootoo of the Titans.

By that, I mean sometimes Bironas gets so drunk at the bar that he passes out on the sidewalk. True story.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Tootoo is from the north. Passing out at the bar is a step up for him. Most people where he is from are inhaling glue fumes out of a bag.

10. Danimal

Danimal Starter

We need to keep an eye on that Norwegian kicker who is with the Lions right now. He is not expected to make the team but this dude has got "IT". Just watch some of his U Tube stuff: it's crazy.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar