Bironas Injury Opening Door for Local Product

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though he is kicking well, Rob Bironas isn't 100%. "The hardest part for him has been his injury situation, because he's had two surgeries this offseason," special teams coach Calvin Lowry said. "He's had to overcome that and he's really still working his way back into kicking. John Vaughn, who played at Brentwood Academy and Auburn, is the second kicker in camp and has done well with his opportunities showing a strong leg. "It's a very competitive situation," Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. "I've been very impressed with what John's been able to do and his leg strength and his accuracy. We haven't had this in as long as I can remember, two guys who can consistently put the ball through the uprights from way out. It's going to be interesting to see how it unfolds."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Vaughn looked better than Bironas Sat PM.

Was it Vaughn who missed 5 field goals and an extra point a few years ago?

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

wow a surprising battle at the kicker position, Bironas right now has the benefit of the doubt but Vaughn is closing in in a hurry...

4. leefrone

leefrone Camp Fodder

Calvin must have had one helluva training camp so far to get promoted to special teams coach. :)

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Glad to have a good backup, but I'd rather just have a 100% bironas.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yes and he personally lost the game for Auburn against LSU. I like Vaughn I think he's good but he's not that good under pressure. I still rather have Bironas.

8. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

Bironas without a doubt.

9. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I was just about to say that- Bironas job is okay because he can kick pressure kicks- and in the playoffs having a kicker who can kick under pressure is a must...

10. And how many kickers can make a field goal from the middle of the field?? Not very many. We have one of them in Bironas so lets keep him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar