Bironas Targeting Opener for Return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Rob Bironas has not been seen kicking in Titans practice for a month and may not be available for Thursday's preseason finale in Green Bay. The goal is to have him return for the regulars season opener and no one appears concerned that Bironas won't be ready to pick up where he left off. "I don't want to go up to Green Bay and have the risk of having a setback or pushing an injury just to get on the field to hit a couple balls where if I have that extra week and a half of rest that'll put me that much further ahead," Bironas said. "That's what I'm wanting to do, and I'm sure that's what the coaches want to do." Bironas suffered a groin injury the first week of training camp after an All-Pro season in '07 with a league-leading 35 FGs and setting the NFL record with eight in one game against the Texans.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I really, really hope he is 100%.

The last thing we can afford to do when we are trying to crunch numbers on the roster spots is to hold 2 kickers on the 53-man roster in case he can't go.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

If we had to we could put him on PUP.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This sucks. We possibly just lost our best offensive weapon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar