Breaking News Black Monday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I figured we could have 1 thread to track and discuss the Coaching/GM changes rather than start a new one everytime someone new gets fired.

Cheifs Fire Romeo Crennel

Jets Fire GM Tannenbaum, but keep Rex Ryan

Jags Fire GM Gene Smith

Andy Reid to be fired later today

Chargers expected to fire Norv Turner, Chargers also fire GM AJ smith

Browns fire HC pat Shurmur

Others to keep an eye one will be Titans, Cardinals, Panthers, Jags.

Also, Gruden will interview for open jobs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...on-gruden-to-interview-for-open-coaching-jobs

Update: Lovie Smith out as Bears HC
    Chan Gailey out as Bills HC

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

My confidence in the Titans future would increase drastically if we hired Gruden.

3. Tim

Tim Starter

Something just happen in Cali just now, not sure yet . Bored watching espn mike and mike.

I still think Mikes job is safe, hope I'm wrong. I like to see a new oc and dc

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

We'll probably be the only team in the bottom 10 to keep everyone that's left..

that's how we roll.

:rolleyes:

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Bud, PLEASE do not be fooled by one game. You were pissed after the Packers, we win one game against the 2nd worst team in the league... don't be impressed by that. We had 7 points of offense, the rest came from D/ST. We were playing the Jaguars! Fire Munch, it needs to be done.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

He probably only looks at the scores pmar.. *sigh*

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Probably right. :hitthefan:

8. Thaddeus43

I don't think we will fire Munch, but I do believe we will be looking for some new coordinators. Some of the former HCs could be potential candidates for coordinators. I don't see Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel, or Pat Shurmur getting another HC job this year. Would you look for one of them to be a potential OC/DC for us next year?

9. Thaddeus43

Also I didn't think about Jason Garrett being a potential black friday casualty. I don't see him getting another HC gig next year if he is fired. He could be a potential OC candidate as well.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I fear he's going to look at the 6-10 record and get convinced it's not all that bad and we were only 2 games under .500. Forget the fact that we were absolutely embarrassed in nearly every loss.

That's why, for the first time ever, I was actually rooting for a loss yesterday. With the way we ended the season, it's going to be easier for Munch and FO to spin things and make it seem not as bad as it is in reality. We won our last game convincingly (forget the fact that it was against the 2nd worst team in the league). We won 2 of our last 3 (forget the fact that both wins were against truly awful teams).

My money is on us being stuck with Munch for at least one more year. :disappointed:

Just in case anyone besides me needs it, the Suicide Prevention Hotline's # is
    1-800-273-8255

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar