Black Ops??

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

Just picked this game up tonight, well last night, and for the most part, I like it.

I haven't played online enough to play all the maps, but most of them feel too small. I was frequently getting spawned right next to the other team and vice versa.

This does feel more like a first person shooter where as MW2 felt more like a first person noob tuber.

All in all, I think it's much better than MW2 if any one is on the fence about it. I think the perk system it about as perfect as it can be. At least for me it is anyway.

Oh and yeah, I'm apparently a magnet for the RCXD. I was finally able to shoot ONE before it got to me though.

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Well, it wasn't my intention to make it sound like that... I've spent countless hours playing the previous three games which I've enjoyed very much, particularly the first MW. And from my experience with these games, it all comes down to the two things I mentioned before, just like with most FPS games.

What are you talking about? This is exactly the point that I'm trying to make.

Not everyone, just you.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So there isn't a game that requires skill?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think there are many, and certainly no FPS requires it.

5. Deuce Wayne

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's point and shoot. It's not tactical.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah, still a skill.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Exactly. People excel at this on a consistent basis because they (sadly) train and practice to hone and refine that simple "point and shoot" motion. Pretty much all of Fatal1ty's game's are point and shoot, but to say he isn't skilled is pretty far off the mark.

http://www.fatal1ty.com/

9. Deuce Wayne

Yep... reactions and response is skill.

Anyone can play any game. But to be good- it takes skill.

And there is strategy involved. It may not be chess... but it exists. Unless you play the game like an idiot. In which case- it doesn't mean that the game doesn't take skill... just means that you choose not to show it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I just bought it a couple hours ago at Target for $47 (sale runs through tomorrow).

I plan on playing it later tonight. For those who don't already own the game, you could get the game now for $47 or wait 'til the day after X-mas and get it for $39.99. I saw the Target New Years' ad (12/26-1/1) posted up on another forum. I'll just go back and get a refund on the difference in price when the sale is active.

All $39.99:
    CoD: Black Ops
    Halo Reach
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Madden 11

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar