Black Sabbath vs Rush

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Apr 27, 2010.

?

Black Sabbath vs Rush

Poll closed Apr 29, 2010.
  1. Black Sabbath

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Rush

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not Rush.. 44.

2. mdfan

mdfan Starter

I've always found Rush music annoying but that's just me

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And yes, I know all about Rush and actually have all their records starting from the Rutsey record thru the mid-80's stuff.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Black Sabbath = BS

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Not much of a defense. I guess it's all subjective..... if dark, gloom and doom is your thing, so be it.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I never said dark doom and gloom is my thing. I just don't dig bands with elves as singers who spend more time refining their musical wankery than making great Rock songs. If I hear "Closer to the Heart" one more time my own heart might just explode..

7. Chapparal97

So, Rush has 40 songs that people might actually know versus maybe 5 Sabbath songs that people might know. Yet Ozzie and Dio sang about Satan and did disgusting things on stage, yet they're not showing wankery?

Talk about elves.....Ozzie is the original crappy rapper, he can't sing. never could. He's an act, a side show. Gets reactions from his actions.

As I said before, Iommi is a genious on the guitar, but the group as a whole is very simple..... if Sabbath got the airplay of Rush they'de be musical wankers too.....right??

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

CC doesn't like any rock with melody... or if it's actually pleasing to listen to. (or so I gather from these few threads) :)

Rush. And I'm not much of a "fan", but they're tolerable. Outside of Iron Man, which is really a stupid song beneath the sound- BS does nothing for me.

9. Chapparal97

LOL.....whenever I hear Iron Man it reminds me of the Beavis and Butthead episode where they argue whether it's Ozzy (cause he's an old-fart) or his son.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

First, I don't think Rush had that many more radio tunes than Sabbath. Sabbath had radio tracks for most of their early records and then again when Dio first joined. Musical wankery has nothing to do with what the singer does on stage. It has to do with putting technical play before the music.

I'm not arguing that, but he's far less torturous to the ears than Geddy Lee.

That comment is a bit of an oxymoron.. Can't be simple and indulge in musical wankery. That said, aside from the obvious Neil Peart thing, Tony and Geezer are easily as capable on their instruments as Rush..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar