Black Sabbath vs Rush

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Apr 27, 2010.

?

Black Sabbath vs Rush

Poll closed Apr 29, 2010.
  1. Black Sabbath

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Rush

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You have no clue about all my likes or dislikes just as I don't know all of yours so just curb it..
    I doubt you could even name another Sabbath song..

I like Sabbath better than Rush, but they are by no means one of my favorites..

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't care what you like. The problem is, anything that isn't to your liking you classify as bad or "false".

Just say you don't like it. No need to be an elitist.

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Black Sabbath smashes Rush.

Paranoid, War Pigs, Ironman, N.I.B, Electric Funeral are some to listen to.

And I mostly listen to rap/hip hop.

I'm no real fan of Rush. Maybe a song or two.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Coming from the critic and/or elitist in every field. Stifle.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    Bubbles likes Rush, so GoT likes Rush. Besides the only time I have ever been scared at a concert was when I saw BS. Stoners fistfighting cops all over the floor of municipal audotorium. Looking back on it I guess it was just a typical friday in the 70s though.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh the irony of this fight, as Rush started out as a Black Sabbath wannabe soundalike band.... the solo arrangements of "Working Man" and "War Pigs" are nearly identical. Rush became the band you know of after Peart showed up and made all their albums a musical interpretation of Ayn Rand novels.

Like CC, I had all the stuff up until the mid-80's... we'd probably both agree that Signals was the departure into the dogsqueeze years. Then they became a technowizard's adult contemporary band that couldn't tell if their audience was teenaged zitheads or the Sierra Club. And despite all the technowizardry and usind 64 tracks, the albums STILL sounded like dogsqueeze! I have Presto in my car (dunno why) and I don't thing there's a frequency lower than 2000 Hz on it... it's all trebley, shrilly noise, even the bass and kick drums. Years went by and I gave them another shot but was repulsed by the Worst Case Of Digital Overcompression of All Time, Vapor Trails, which is used by recording engineers as an example of What Never To Do If You Want To Work In The Audio Field.

Still, better than BS.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Black Sabbath defeats Rush

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar