Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Blaine Gabbert is not an NFL prospect.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,506
    I just watched that as well and I don't think it's worth reading much into it. The thing looked scripted. Each team will do their own interviews.

Even though his coach has a pretty solid resume for working with top QB talent, I wonder if they don't make some extra moolah based on where their players are drafted.
  1. Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Moolah:
    $0
    I agree with Toronto that the piece did him no justice. I thought it was weird at first because I noticed the same thing about that forced "I'll be beating you for the next 15 years" line... sounded too contrived for me. I like him because he's a big kid with floofy hair and a semi-accurate arm but something is off there and I can't quite put my finger on it yet. Some team will reach on him in the first round but at #7, I simply could not justify taking him with that high of a pick until I can see more at his pro-day... let's see what that coach taught him.
  2. 24 Starter

Moolah:
    $36
    I'm pretty sure he was just imitating Peyton, I was under the impression he was joking.
  3. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,686
    I think he maybe was just imitating Peyton, but I also didn't get the impression he has a better (and more genuine answer). If I am conducting a player interview, one of the last things I want to hear is a player say cliched, rehearsed answers. Especially if he can't even do it in a convincing way.
  4. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,686
    Mike Mayock (one of the only draft analysts I can stomach) on Gabbert:
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,171
    As far as that video is concerned, I have no doubt it was rehearsed by Gabbert and his coach. They knew it was going to be on national tv and I doubt they wanted ESPN to show Gabbert screwing up every time he goes to the board.
  6. HeadOnASwivel Starter

Moolah:
    $2,042
    I'd be happy taking Gabbert at 8 as long as we don't draft Cam Newton. Actually I'll count this draft a major success if we can avoid Cam Newton.
  7. chamgel2 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $5
    I agree....we don't need an icon or an entertainer, we need a quarterback and a leader.
  8. Titaneers Ultimate Player

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,429
    if we take a defensive player first round.... I would be extremely pleased.. no more newton or gabbert discussions (unless they last till the second round)
    1 people high five this.
  9. 24 Starter

Moolah:
    $36
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.