Blaine Gabbert is not an NFL prospect.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I just watched that as well and I don't think it's worth reading much into it. The thing looked scripted. Each team will do their own interviews.

Even though his coach has a pretty solid resume for working with top QB talent, I wonder if they don't make some extra moolah based on where their players are drafted.

2. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

I agree with Toronto that the piece did him no justice. I thought it was weird at first because I noticed the same thing about that forced "I'll be beating you for the next 15 years" line... sounded too contrived for me. I like him because he's a big kid with floofy hair and a semi-accurate arm but something is off there and I can't quite put my finger on it yet. Some team will reach on him in the first round but at #7, I simply could not justify taking him with that high of a pick until I can see more at his pro-day... let's see what that coach taught him.

3. 24

24 Starter

I'm pretty sure he was just imitating Peyton, I was under the impression he was joking.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think he maybe was just imitating Peyton, but I also didn't get the impression he has a better (and more genuine answer). If I am conducting a player interview, one of the last things I want to hear is a player say cliched, rehearsed answers. Especially if he can't even do it in a convincing way.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Mike Mayock (one of the only draft analysts I can stomach) on Gabbert:

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

As far as that video is concerned, I have no doubt it was rehearsed by Gabbert and his coach. They knew it was going to be on national tv and I doubt they wanted ESPN to show Gabbert screwing up every time he goes to the board.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'd be happy taking Gabbert at 8 as long as we don't draft Cam Newton. Actually I'll count this draft a major success if we can avoid Cam Newton.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree....we don't need an icon or an entertainer, we need a quarterback and a leader.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

if we take a defensive player first round.... I would be extremely pleased.. no more newton or gabbert discussions (unless they last till the second round)

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar