Blame the refs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

There was some atrocious calls today. 15 yard personal foul on Alex Smith run? I guess you are supposed to let him get 2 extra yards instead of trying to stop him? Multiple non-calls on obvious pass interferences on possible Titan TD throws.

yeah it's an excuse but I feel justified. This one was really really bad by the zebras. And I don't get why we never seem to have any home field advantage with penalty calls anymore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

How is this different from any other Titans game this year?

I'm starting to suspect the refs are out for us since we have a Gregg Williams defense...

Goodell: "Sure, you can hire Williams. Of course, we're going to flag every single defensive play you make. But go ahead. Hire the bounty hunter."

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The refs actually gave us a few calls today.

I guess we can directly blame the refs for this loss, due to the stupid personal foul, but it seems like this is the norm for us these days. Sucks when you lose a game by a bad call.

The refs weren't as bad as the Chargers game to be honest. I have a strange feeling that we are going to get a ton of penalties against us next week.

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

that personal foul call on alex smith was complete BS. It's frustrating when you stop a team on 3rd down and the refs give them a first.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The interference call on Berry was nonsense. Yeah, I'm glad we got away with something, but still. The personal foul on the Alex Smith hit pretty much gave them the game, and it was nonsense. From all the games I've seen this year, it's not just us. Officiating is pretty much terrible across the board. Carey's crew generally calls a good game, but the rest of these losers are making me wish we had the replacement referees back.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

While that call was BS thats not the reason we lost at all. We still had a chance to stop them and we failed afterwards. I blame the coaching for not running the ball one time after we had the lead.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Maybe they figured the 3.4 YPC (1.5 ypc if you take away battles one good run) wouldnt get it done?

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I was at the game and steaming about the calls until the Chiefs D actually made a couple of really nice pucks to shut our ass down. Twice- consecutively. We lost that game and the refs had little to do with element IMO. I know where you're coming from though. The no PI call on Britt, the PF on the Alex smith run and the no TD on the goal line (at least from in the stands) we're maddening and discouraging.

9. Roy322

Roy322 Starter

yes blame the refs the whole lot of them they have made it if your a titan u will be flagged and the lack of them throwing flags against other teams we play we are already paying for thanks to the 2 hits on jake. those of us who have watched all year has seem the terrible callin the refs have been doing to us. Where is goodall he really needs to look into the callin the titans have been gettin. sure they fined the hits on jake but no flags . fokou wont get a fine for hiting smith

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Watch him get fined more than those two fags from NY that injured Locker.

In fact, I would almost guarantee it since it got a flag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar