Blount will takes Ringers #2 spot.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm ready to see Blount, D. Williams, J. Jones (1st full year to play), McRath, Cook, and Hawk!!

I honestly feel like we're gonna fly under the radar until ummm...week 3.

If our defense can become a top 15 defense we'll go far this year. Our offense is gonna be hard to stop. While our defense will prob not be able to shut down the Colts, our offense should be able to keep up. And yes I'm saying this before the season even starts or before our 1st preseason game. Unless some freak event happens our defense will be very, very, very dangerous. Mark my words...

2. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

We do two things well in the draft OL and (late round) under the raidar gems. Our hit and miss style can be annoying at times and it may feel like we didn't draft anyone that people will talk about other then "who the heck is that guy?" These players have very little risk. Blount may be one of those gems. But if he doesn't work no harm done.

3. Nine

Nine Starter

vs. Seahawks:

Ringer: 7 carries, 60 yards
    Blount: 5 carries, 4 yards, 1 TD

Blount did a great job on the TD run, hitting the pile low and driving through for the TD. Other than that, his performance was quite unremarkable.

Ringer had several average carries and one long breakaway run. However, this seems to be something of a pattern with Ringer....only getting a handful of carries and turning one of them into a huge gain.

There's still a lot of preseason football left to be played, but the initial impression certainly seems to support my original position: Blount could be a good option for a pile-driving short-yardage runner....but as an every-down #2 behind CJ, Ringer is the guy.

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

To me it just looked like once CJ's gone, our running game's just f****d

5. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

It's a little unfair to judge LG on 5 carries, 3 of which were at the 1 yard line. Yes, he didn't get in the endzone, and he didn't show great burst. He was trying to pick his spot too much. But our OL got blown up as well. He had 2 carries in the open field, and they weren't impressive. But Ringer had some bad carries too, as did CJ. LG will get a lot more chances. I'm not saying he'll take Ringer's job. I've never thought that. I think Ringer is a better all around back, as I've said before. But I think people are being too hard on Blount today.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

When CJ is out, our whole offense is screwed. But I think the same can be said for Vince. It's those 2 together that open everything up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar