Board controversy.................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Scwartz could me a bit more palatable if he'd take a hint from Chow and utilize players to their strengths. I do not feel the talent we have on D is as comfortable in zone as they need to be to make it successful - many times it's really not the players fault for being out of position

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Finnegan practically is a starter anyway

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

the lockerroom is still fragile.............winning cures many ills but your boy AJones still is a problem there................I dont care if no one buys it but it is still there. VY is the sauve on a sunburn for the lockeroom................

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Seems like he is quite popular on the field from teammates.

5. Hes quite popular on and off the field...

Ask the guys at UWV

6. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I am not upset that Fish didn't play VY from the get go. I am upset we wasted 2m on a loser like Collins. This should have been Billy's team for the first few weeks.

I've never said that Fisher should go. I was tempted however when we started 0 for. I think the general consensus has came true this season. Most thought we'd have a rocky start, and by the end of the season, get to respectability. What makes the end result so fantastic, is because we started this year like a JV team.

I still hold a glimmer in my heart that even Fisher won't be able to save Schwartz's job this offseason. 6 years is enough. Fisher must admit defeat on the Schwartz experiment.

As it is right now, and as always, Fisher > Unknown Commodity.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think Fisher would ever admit defeat on anyone.

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Fisher has always been the glue which has held this team together starting from the transition from Houston to Nashville, and again through the last couple years of salary cap problems, and until the success we are seeing today.

This is his team.. he's building it for the future. He's not a dumb coach and Bud is not a dumb team owner. Bud has left this in the hands of JF because he realizes that JF has a 5 year plan, and interfering with or switching coaches would be a disaster to the long term plans of this franchise. 2004 was a bust, 2005 was worse. We're clearly doing much better in 06, and will definitely make the playoffs (and might even win the superbowl) in 07 and 08. Watch us get better in time thanks to Fisher's rebuilding efforts.

Now another coach (with a plan to amuse the fans, instead of looking out for the future of this franchise) could have messed around with the team’s roster to a point that we would have pulled off more wins, but would end up paying for his mistakes in years to come [after he’s fired]. We would be the AFC version of the Redskins - a lot of air up our asses.. but not enough to make us fly. I’d rather we be the NE patriots, and don’t mind waiting for that to happen even if it will take some time.

Jeff Fisher has promised fans a 5-0 beginning next season, so let it be. Fans should cut him some slack and give him the benefit of the doubt before running to LP stadium carrying ropes asking for his head.

I've always had a **** load of faith in JF. He's one of the most successful coaches in NFL history, and that didn't come by luck.

His decision to bring in KFC made sense at the time. Who knew he would have played so horribly! Some people act like it was JF’s plan to bring in KFC top ruin this team! KFC was the most experienced QB available then, and the decision to bring in VY slowly is the right thing to do in the NFL. You do build a house before throwing in the furniture, and that was what JF was doing.

Boo to nay-sayers.. one-year wonder seekers!
    Jeff needs to stay.. You need to go!

[​IMG]

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Messing around with the roster would be the exact thing to do if it's all about a 5 year plan and you don't care about winning here and now. The point of putting the likes of Tulloch, Finnegan and Lowry in the game wouldn't be to immediately win more games, but to give them gametime experience and be able to evaluate if they should be here next year.

What a player does in practice doesn't always translate to the field and vice versa.

10. Code

Code Starter

It appears on the surface that VY and AJ are buddies. They bowl together.
    They clearly connect on the field.

Maybe VY is all the deoderant Adam needs when hanging out with other players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar