Bobby Johnson Retires

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by VolnTitan, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Horrible, horrible timing for this for Vandy.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the guy was 29-66. I doubt this will make a difference.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

When it comes to recruiting it will certainly make a difference.

As a Vandy season ticket holder I think it was time for him to go, I wish he would of walked out at the end of this year if he was going to do it in later half of the off-season. Great character guy and knew how to develop players. X & Os weren't really his thing and his staff wasn't great at that particular facet as well. But what I respect about the situation is that he left the program in a better state than the one he found it in.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Ready for him to go? The guy who did something that hasn't been done in generations? Or beat your instate rival for the first time in over 20 years and was bringing in the best talent Vandy has had in a long time? Not sure what Vandy fans expect, but Johnson was the best coach they have had in a looooong time.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Not many folks could have gone 29-66 with Vandy... as bad as that record seems, it's truly not. He turned that program around. This is too bad.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

At least the guy did it so that his staff could coach out the season.

It does make you wonder if more is involved here.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Ooooh an SeC opening? This certainly sets the stage for Lane Kiffin to ride in on the white horse and get his epic battle with Tennessee...and Urban Meyer!

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I bet he was forced out. This smacks of the old time donors at that school suddenly thinking after a good year that they somehow developed some kind of history and that they should follow every year with a bowl game.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One bowl win every half century shouldn't raise expectations that much. I don't think the Bear could produce back-to-back bowl wins at Vandy. Johnson had the program as competitive as it's been for a long time.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Couldn't agree more, but looking at some of the Vandy boards, the thought now is that he was forced out with a "improve this year or you'll be gone" ultimatum. If that is true, wow. This is why it was a horrible idea to get rid of the athletic director's position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar