Bonds Fails Test for Amphetamines

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by A.D., Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

MLB turned away from something that was obvious because McGuire and Sosa saved the game.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

bonds is my favorite player because he's bad for baseball. i hate baseball, therefore, i love anything bad for it :)

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe Jackson were dominate during their time, and neither are in the HoF because they cheated the game in one way or another. I could argue that Sosa and Bonds cheated the game also, McGuire has a "doctors" excuse for his steroid use, well at least some of it. Point is all 5 of them cheated in some form or fashion and as long as PR and SJJ are out then Bonds, Sosa and McGuire should be out also.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

That is not accurate. Bonds trainer was being a really good friend to Bonds and refused to sell him out. Not once but twice. He was asked to testify against Bonds. He refused, pleaded the 5th, was held in contempt and sent to prison. The grand jury after an exhausting search did not find enough evidence against bonds and the statute of limitations ran out. He was released but two weeks later the grand jury was at it again, he refused again to testify and back to prison he went. Him and Bonds have been friends since they were kids.

Do you have a friend that would take that bullet for you? I am not sure I do.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Side note: I use to work out at the gym McGuire worked out at during his time with the A's. Dude put up tons of weight. Maxed out every machine usually putting extra 45 lbs pinned onto the machine. His trainer was this HUGE black dude that always had this purple man-atard on.

Him and Mike Bordick (2nd baseman for the A's at the time) were joking about Conseco one time. I can not exactly remember what they were joking about (I was a couple bikes down) but something about Conseco and the time on the Rangers when he had the bicep surgery and I just remember McGwire doing the same pose to show off his guns. Was pretty funny at the time.

Not sure where i was going with that this thread just brings up the memory.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

The difference there is that what Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire did was not illegal at the time.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not strickly defined I agree.

I bet there is something about the integrity of the game in their contracts though. I know the commissioner can void any deal he wants for "the good of the game". I bet player contracts have some type of broadly worded clause that gaining an unfair advantage would fall under corrupting the integrity of the game.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If you have nothing to hide why wouldnt you testify? When asked under oath if you gave Bonds anabolic steroids, why wouldnt you just say no, if indeed you hadnt. His loyalty to Bonds isnt the issue. The issue, is that this situation is really no different than McGwire refusing to testify at congress. I seriously doubt he decided to not testify and go to prison for the hell of it. He did it so he wouldnt have to committ perjury and to protect Bonds. I dont really disagree with not letting McGwire in on the first ballot, but I think Bonds, Sosa, and the whole group has to be treated the same way.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Thats not exactly true. Many drugs have been illegal, they just never tested for it, so unless you just admitted to it or did it out in the open you werent going to get caught.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar