Bongo Predicts New Variations For CJ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

You know what would really screw teams up? if we just went crazy... Let Collins throw some deep balls, let Vy come in and throw to the TE's or run it, let VY play WR, let CJ play WR, bring Ganther in as RB, do some wild cat formations with VY and CJ.

Defenses could not plan for such things, they would be confused all day.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think our options will change if Vince is QB next season. But I think Vince will sit this entire season (ok, maybe he'll play the last couple of series against the lions), to avoid the questions that would come back if Vince was back in.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I wonder if Fisher thought about these special packages on the way down from his sky dive yesterday :lol:

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

First of all these are comments from a guy just an opinion.

He says he hopes we spread things out but we really have not done that all year.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, I put a little stock into closed bubble practices and CJ getting extra work. Of course, it could be used this week, or just something added to the long range plan.

Yes, it's opinion, but until it's happened, it's all just opinion.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Yeah, this was the first play against the Chargers in the playoffs. Not sure entirely what the package was, but the receiver dropped the screen otherwise it could have been a great trick play. In fact, I'm not so sure I've ever even seen something like that

7. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

agreed. infact every time he does catch the ball he bobbles it...one day that'll cause an INT.

8. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

I agree... I question is catching ability.... he does seem to bobble everything.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

That was my first thought... he's dropped a lot of passes lately. But it also seems like most of the ones he's dropped have been swing passes where he's had to turn to the backfield to catch it behind him and then rotate around to cut upfield. Seems like he's been anticipating the cut and losing focus on the ball. If that's the case, a little work in preparation, and with the Jugs could take care of it. Also something like a skinny post, a slant or a curl would probably make it easier for him to haul in.

I don't know - to get him the ball in the secondary seems worth a try. We'll see - it's probably all talk, anyway. Our WRs have been stepping up, and Fish might not fix it if it ain't broke.

10. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

I have no doubt what so ever that we will see some new wrinkles to our offense. We have played 10 games thus far, so the Jets are studying 10 weeks of footage. They know our tendencies. They have also had a few extra days off to break down that footage so their coaches will know more about our plays than almost all of our players will.

So what better time than now to break out with some of the new stuff that they have been working on. We will still play like the Titans, but with some spice. I still see us trying to pound it all game long and in the fourth quarter trying to bludgeon them to death. However I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of sets where you see Johnson and White in the game together and have #28 as a WR and #25 as a RB. Run Johnson in motion and Lendale up the gut a few times and make them think there is a reverse coming and then later on in the game actually give it to Johnson after they sell out to stop Lendale. Quick screen to Johnson as a WR. The old fake swing pass to Eddie and then throw it to Frank for the screen pass in the middle of the field play from Hemi's glory days. Some of these with a no huddle could be deadly as they would have horrible groupings with LB's trying to stay with Johnson lined up wide or DB's having to play LB. :wink2:

Obviously I have no clue what they are planning but I am almost willing to wager that we will see a few new plays out of formations that we have yet to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar