Bonnaroo 2011

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by onetontitan, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The lineup is AMAZING. GOOOODBYE tax return!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Mumford and Sons, Ryan Bingham, The Strokes, The Decemberists and Eminem? I might have to make the 9 hour drive up...

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh boy. I can only imagine the white trash Eminem and Lil Wayne will bring in. Reaching new heights...

At least this year there are maybe 4 bands worth seeing than the typical 2.

Gotta love Bonnaroo's lineups though. Drawn from a hat.

[​IMG]

I'd rather pay the 10 bucks a piece to see them in a small venue and be able to take a shower once returning home the same night.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I agree with you, none of those artists are my cup of tea. I'm familiar with most of them, I just wouldn't pay to see them.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I listen to a great deal of the bands; furthermore, some of them I've seen twice and even three times live. You don't go to Bonnaroo for the music, it's definitely more about the atmosphere. Yeah, the music is great but the people you meet and the stories you take with you are more valuable to me.

7. Deuce Wayne

I like Explosions in the Sky a lot... but I figure it'd be like watching Mogwai in concert. Just wasn't the same... not a great concert experience.

Arcade Fire will probably have people going crazy because of their Album of The Year status... flavor of the month.
    The Black Keys are trendy/hipster enough to lure a lot of overreactions.
    The Decemberists are ok background music... wouldn't want to see them live.
    Deerhunter/Opeth just aren't my style. I could see people going to see them though.

When Conan Obrien is the main guy I'd want to go to a music festival for... yeesh.

8. Deuce Wayne

Ooooh.

I get it...

[​IMG]

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Arcade Fire was the best show I saw all year last year (and I saw the Pixies). I've been following them closely since the release of "Funeral". So no, they aren't the "flavor the of the month". Next to Kid A, most critics rate "Funeral" as the second greatest album released in the 2000's.

The Black Keys are entertainers and love to put on a great rock show. Deuce, if you knew anything about hipsters, you'd know that The Black Keys are passe now in that culture.

I can't wait to see Explosions in the Sky, I'm sure it will be a moving experience.

Deerhunter is one of my favorite bands as well, and in my opinion, put out the best record of 2010.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'd love to see Buffalo Springfield (Neil Young and Stephen Stills), listened to them a lot in the late 70's, and Robert Plant.

I love jam bands, would love to see My Morning Jacket, String Cheese Incident, Wide Spread Panic, Warren Haynes Band, Dr John with the Meters,
    and the Super Jam with Dr John would be a blast.

Others I'd like to see if scheduling permited would be Allison Krauss, Ray Lamontagne, and Greg Allman.

I'd definatly skip Eminem and Lil Wayne, use that time on some of the other activities they have going on, or snarf down some pizza...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar