Book Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wait a second I just realised, on that Wikipedia article about Reynaldo Hill, they've said Andre Woolfolk is terrible.

''Reynaldo Hill enters the 2006 pre-season vying for the starting cornerback position opposite Adam "Pacman" Jones, with former first round pick Andre Woolfolk (who is terrible).''

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Good find.

I removed it.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Has Rowling said it'll be released then? Lots of false rumors out there about HP.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't remember if it was from her mouth or not, but there seems to be some significance with 7 through the book. I dunno if the rumor mongers are just doing it or if it is truth.

Next movie is meant to be out on the 13.07.07

5. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

My two books:

First- The Relic:The thing about the book and movie is funny, although I saw the movie way before the book, is courious that even when the movie is based on the book, it tells a story that happends before the books timeline, and it is not explain in depth in the book. Which makes it great to read even if you have seen the movie. I found it very readable and intense, taking tension further and further away.

Second- I have two original titles (I know the translation title "Las torres del olvido"):

Either- "The Sea and Summer"? or "Drowning Towers"?- 1988, by aussies George Turner - This title won the Arthur C. Clarke prize in 1988. and was his first book!!

Its a great sci-fi book wich tells 2-3 stories, one in a future 200 years after the melting of the polar ices, and a scientist that find datas about a family, and the second is a story of this family in about the years when water level begins flooding part of Melbourne (their city), and an overpopulated city with a high class (working) mantains a low class (jobless) with subsidies. This family goes form working to jobless... and their life just changes dramatically when they are forced to move to the drowning towers in the low part of the city.

Not a drama, more like a thriller, even though my intro seemed dramatic. It touches many problems of todays world (ovepopulation, earth warming, social security, genetic selections...)

Anyways, a great book to me.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

7/7/07 seems perfect for the last HP book. Rowling seems to like things like that, and the timing sounds right, if only she can make it on time... I don't think it's completely done.

On a side note, I really liked book 6 because it finally set out what was going to happen in the next book. I know it's much easier to do that when there's only 1 book left, but it gives the readers something solid to think about for the next book.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The 13 month? Would that be January again? :lol:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

except who R.A.B is.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

don't push your backward american thinking onto me. :brow:

10. That one should be fairly easy if you think abut it for a bit, because it's probably a name we've already heard. I'll tell you who it is (not officially, just what everyone has agreed on) if you want to know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar