Book Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that, at best, you could say that there are rare exceptions to this rule. Virtually all books are better than their movie counterparts (unless it's a book that was based on a movie).

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

The Green Mile has been about the only movie i have seen that has followed the book and included most of the book. A very good read.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Field of Dreams was a much better movie than the book - "Shoeless Joe" on which it was based.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Is it true to the book though?

The Bourne Identity is probably better as a movie then a book but the The Bourne Identity and Supremacy are nothing like the books.

5. smili

smili Starter

reading the controversial "The Bell Curve" - talks about the increasing stratification of society based on cognitive ability due to transformation to information society.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

in english?

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Gunny I think it means that we're seeing more classes of people based on how they can cope with the evolving information age. Er something like that :lol:

And if you end up reading the Potter books, you'll find lots of stuff different than the movies (assuming you've seen them).

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Anyone read the "Wheel of Time" series? A friend gave me the 1st book a few years ago, The Eye of the World. It's a long book, and I think it's a very long series (10-15 books?). I guess it's LOTR type fantasy, and he said it was his favorite of that genre.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah there are a few Wheel of Time books, are they by George R. R. Martin?

Never read them though.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Finished Flight of the Nighthawks last night, thought it was very good, just hate waiting for his next book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar