Books

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Anyone here a big Terry Goodkind fan? My brother handed me Chainfire, and for the life of me i just couldnt get into it. I dont know if its because its so late in the series or if the writing style just doesn't cut it for me...

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He's one of my favorite fantasy authors.

You really aren't doing the story justice if you walk away after Chainfire.

This is a series that you really need to start at the beginning. They have plenty of action in them but they're also very character driven. If you try to start in later you'll completely miss out on that aspect of them.

Chainfire has some plot lines that explain why things happened the way they did going all the way back to the beginning. Very clever writing.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Keep reading, it has gotten a lot better when she gets to the North.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I asked him that months ago & got no reply :yes:

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Sorry had to move it.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I normally read fantasy series, recently have been reading all of L. E. Modesitt's Recluce series...very good.

However, I have become addicted to James Rollins' books lately after picking up "The Black Order" at an airport during a delay. I have read that one plus Deep Fathom, Amazonia and Excavation. Now reading Map of Bones and I have to say I have not been as caught up in an author as I am in these books.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I really like the Dark Tower series.

King often spins out his sub plots & side characters for too long but at the same time some of them are so good you don't want him to carry on with the main plot. Oy!

The end did disappoint in that it was an anticlimax in terms of action. The premise though was very sad & moving & I really felt for Roland.

It's difficult to go into it without giving away spoilers but it was about balance & a cycle of an eternal struggle of good & evil. The series capsuled one cycle. Anticlimactic but very clever.

The best thing about the series in my mind was how he intertwined into many of his other books such as Insomnia,Salems Lot,Hearts in Atlantis & The Stand.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Damn good reads.

I recommend the Penderghast series by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child. I only found them by following a link from Rollins' website.They're even better than Rollins IMO.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Alrighty. I want to read it before i see the movie.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I gave up on Dark Tower. I really wanted to like it, but it just couldn't hold my interest. I guess his version of fantasy just didn't work for me. I liked some of the ideas in the plot, but it just didn't come together.

Maybe I'll try it again some day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar