Books

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I do not blame you.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Just finished The Kite Runner. Powerful book, read it! Seriously!

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Will do.Looks like a good read.

I'm finally back on the Golden Compass. After that it will be London Fields by Martin Amis.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Someone at work is reading that right now.

5. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

There was a HUGE debate about that being read in our public schools last year or the year before. I read it then, wasn't a big fan but the newest work i LOVED. Don't remember the name atm :(

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What's the big deal about it?

7. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

parents went crazy that thier children were required to read it. Thought it shouldn't be on the list. There was a book burning and all that jazz. The kids interviewed just stood there shocked "i dont understand what the problem is" Considering the other books on the list (The color purple, Of Mice and Men, Black Boy, The Native Son ... whichever of those is the biography is VERY VIOLENT, For whome the bell tolls, BeoWolf. Just to name a few ) I thought the book was quite tame.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What is the book about? I had never heard of it until yesterday

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Finished 'The Northern Lights/Golden Compass'.

A darker tale than I expected. Taking into account it's for children as well as adults I enjoyed it.

I can't really see what all the fuss is about in terms of it's religious element. While obviously that part of the story is based around christianity I found it to be generic & not aimed at a specific religion.

I really got into the book when the bear Lorek was involved in the plot.Up to then I was pretty bored but I'm sure kids will love it. Hopefully the movie does it justice.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I pretty much felt the same way.

I am re-reading Shadow of a Dark Queen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar