Boston vs The Sex Pistols

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, May 5, 2010.

?

Boston vs The Sex Pistols

Poll closed May 7, 2010.
  1. Boston

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. Sex Pistols

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^I'd put JFA (Jody Foster's Army) up there name-wise.

SLF (Stiff Little Fingers) great Irish group during late 70's. (The first round of them.) Iconic in my book also.

I think The Jam were marketed much more for the fashion (and style) than the Pistols. And although their music was completely different- I liked them as well.

That early punk scene (and yes I was there) was as much about attitude/outlook as it was about music. Alot of young people were fu*kin tired of guitar solos, Moog play and money chasing. You had to be bored with the re-bottled versions of rock and roll that was getting shoved down your throat to be drawn toward groups like the Pistols. They were iconic "bad boys" and it was fu*kin great to watch the Dead Heads and pyro-technic lovers be dumb-founded as to what the attraction was. It was energy in its raw-est form. Nothing dolled-up or marketable. You either "got it" or you didn't.

I was a part of the straight edge movement that became popular in the early 80s. Some speculate Sid's death had an influence on it.

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Heck, I like The Clash....I voted for them. They were adequate musicians but still had the edge. Fuel was a 20 year later by-product of the alt/grunge movement and had an edge in the late 90's. I'll take Fuel anyday over Malcolm McLaren's little project designed to make money and sell clothes. I'll say it again, Sex Pistols were victims (willing or not) of the very thing they were crusading against.....hypocrites.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I wouldn't say the band members were hypocrites- they were just boys that didn't give a fu#k. McClaren- yes- total profiteer.

I think Paul Simonon's bass playing skill was more highly regarded than the other members of The Clash's talents. The Clash had an amazing synergy. I still don't get how the sum of the parts added up to what they did. Good studio work I guess because they had a VERY raw sound live.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sex Pistols defeat Boston

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar