Boycott dollar tree stores!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RollTide, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=6324068

Guy walks into a dollar tree store and murders an employee. The murderer happens to be white the victim happens to be black, so dollar tree decides they need not pay death benefits because it supposedly was a hate crime and not a robbery.

WTF! How stupid are these people? This story is on every news source in the country and the mother of the victim and her attorney were just on fox and cnn. Dollar tree will lose 100 times those benefits just from lost sales in one day!

Heartless but also idiots! This company takes in almost $5B a year in sales!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

done, matter of fact I was way out front in boycotting all Dollar Tree stores

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Oh curses! But where will I be able to do my shopping aversion therapy? Dagnabbitt, I could take ,$20 bucks into the Dollar Tree and ball out on random crap, a few times a week. It satisfied my thirst for consumerism with a small dent in the funds. OK, OK, I'll boycott, but that just puts me right back into the malls and TJ Maxx!.....they tried to make me go to rehab....

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Never thought of you as a TJ Max girl, Elf. My mom loves it. Didn't think that you two had that much in common.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wow, that is just disgraceful.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's tough boycotting a company like that. Now the only discount stores left to shop at are TJ maxx, ross, big lots, dollar general, family dollar, dollar mart and about 10 others. Not counting wal-mart of course.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's all about the DG! DT sucks.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, but at least TJ maxx/ross/marshalls etc has good stuff. The Dollar Tree is just a store full of random crap.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My mom lives in Foley alabama(Also the hometown of julio jones!) and there are no less than 7-8 Dollar general stores just on a 10 mile stretch of hwy 59.

There you can get a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, canned foods, spices, pasta, cat food, toys and my 4 1/2 old son picks out about $3-$4 worth of stuff and he is on top of the world.

Here in columbia it's a mile closer than super wal-mart and much more convienent to park. Next door is a big lots and across the street is kroger if we have to get fresh meat or produce.

I agree with gloat dollar tree sells junk anyway.

10. jdog

jdog I like beer!

As a person that deals with workers comp I can't see the state denying this claim if it gets that far , I am however not familiar with California WC laws.
    If it is denied then the family would possibly be able to pursue a liability claim against the stores liability insurance outside of exclusive remedy law.
    This could amount to much more money than WC benefits if they could prove negligence on the stores part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar