Boycotting Concerts and Music Festivals

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I could write some epic rant about why Concerts and Music Festivals are a sham... but I'll condense it to a few sentences.

You want me to pay $250 per person to attend a music festival? I could do so much more with 250 bucks rather than sit around in the 100+ degree shoulder to shoulder with some college liberals while I get a contact buzz from all the weed being smoked while I pay 7+ dollars for beer while being treated like wild cattle by event security.

I haven't even brought up the music... There isn't one band or artist I that is currently playing right now that I would spend more than $0 to go see.

Ticketmaster is part of this equation. Why is it that Ticketmaster makes a lot more than the band does? I will never buy a ticket from ticket master and I haven't in nearly 10 years.

Getting back to live music... My boycott includes going to a bar and paying a cover charge for a band. Why should I have to pay for admission into a bar where I'm getting raped on $3-$5 beer prices anyways? Unless the bar has a large auditorium, you'll probably be stuck near a loud speaker while you are once again elbow to elbow in a dimly lit room. Why can't bands play acoustic in small bars? Not only do I have a head ache from all of the booze I consume, I usually get headaches from bands having to turn their amps up so loud.

So thats it. Your band, it sucks. If you play for the love of music... good luck to you... If you play for the money... Please go out and get a real job.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Dude, I wish I could get a buzz for free....

3. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

Most worthless rant ever posted...

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Go to youtube, type in your favorite band + the word live... expand the video to full screen

Go to the convenience store, spend you $6 on a 6 pack...

You get to see the same band + drink the same band... and save hundreds

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

need tl;dr pls

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Quit crying like an infant..
    If booze is the only important factor in your quest for life outside of work then go to liquor store and buy a bottle of Ripple and sit home with your TV.
    Nobody wants to hear you cry about the price of admission..

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't even know what to say to this.

I'm only posting this for the 3 points it'll get me, so when the season comes around I have some points to gamble with.

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Gambling can be an addiction and is also a sin.

+6

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I saw sister hazel live last friday, here in Evansville. Quite the show. small venue, caps out at 230.

[​IMG]

No ticketmaster on the tickets there. TM sucks.

Concerts are great, and live music is one of the few reasons I have the motivation to wake up every morning. God knows work doesn't do it.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

f you boycott anything it should be the albums themselves. Shows are how bands make money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar