Boycotting Concerts and Music Festivals

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You're a visionary.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

skillbet.com isn't gambling bro... everyone has their things that they do and some might think they are stupid. There is a certain stigma tho when you tell a person you don't want to go to a concert as opposed to a place like a bar or something. It's the weirdest thing ever. People seem to take it personally for whatever reason. Its like, no dude, i could think of a bunch of better ways to spend $250 lol

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I kinda see myself more as a deity tbh. :cj:

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

paid 200 dollars and drove 3 1/2 hours in 2008 to see Elton John and Billy Joel together, by myself in Indianapolis. Didn't regret it for one second, and still don't to this day.

Elton John was worth 40 of that money, billy joel was worth the other 160.

5. World Peace

of that $200 billy joel elton john got about $10

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Probably. But ten bucks per seat in the place where the pacers play ends up being a pretty good night money wise. Not that he's hurting for petty cash at the moment.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

You do to make survival desirable.

The reason I have stopped going to live shows...

Every time I go to a show, I show up 45 minutes after the time on the ticket. I usually still end up standing around on a concrete floor or sitting in my cramped seat for over an hour waiting for the show to start.

Out of the last five shows I paid for, I left three of them before the main act even came on. Screw that crap.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think it's personal at all... I just think the whole premise is stupid. There are a lot of other worse ways that people are spending money besides entertaining themselves at concerts.

If you don't enjoy them, awesome for you- don't go. I haven't been to a "concert" in years so I'm pretty much there although I do enjoy them. Just enjoy other things that get my money- like beer festivals.

9. World Peace

Buddy of mine used to be a server... He got a $5 tip on a $50 meal from a rock legend. You'd be surprised at the financial situations of some people.

10. World Peace

Beer festivals actually produce a tangible good and the cost if often justified and its usually quite a value. Going to overpriced drugfests in whcih you risk dehydration and bodily harm and paying dearly to do so... is just beyond me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar