Brady Quinn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I say bring in the one with less experience because he hasn't had time to develop bad habits yet. We're talking about a back-up at best here, so why not someone who is raw and can be coached up?

2. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

Developing bad habits?? Don't quite understand what you mean, the only bad habits I see a QB develop are the ones VY had... Prima-dona habits!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

And where are your facts to back up that opinion? None?

In the last 3 years Hasselback has 34 tds vs 44 ints. Good? Orton in the same time has 59tds with 33 tds.

In the last 3 seasons Hasselback's average passing rating is 70. Orton 85.

Hasselback is 35 Orton is 28.

And explain how Orton is a loser when he has won more games than he has lost.

Al those who bash Orton have nothing to backup that opinion.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

QB's develop bad habits all the time, the worst being bringing their eyes down to watch the pass rush instead of reading the defense. While I don't think he would have been great anyways, this is one of the main things David Carr never got over.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Listen, they're both terrible. Hasselbeck is a grizzled veteran who can take a rookie under his wing and show him the ropes for a year. Orton is a just a bum loser who checks down to pad his stats.

I don't want either of them, I want McNabb, you wanna compare his credentials with your boy Orton?

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Orton is bashed because he is not flashy. He's just a very solid NFL QB. If we cannot land McNabb as a free agent I would love to see us trade a 3rd rounder for Orton. We can win with him under center next season.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What's the guarantee Orton is available considering Tebow was just shredded by Elway and the new coach probably won't want him.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

There's no guarantee anyone is traded with the CBA. Players cannot be traded until it is agreed to. Once that happens, it is highly speculated that Orton will be dealt, obviously that can change depending on what they do with the Tebow situation and how they view the QBs in the draft

9. iQon

iQon Starter

You guys are desperate.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He has put up nice numbers. However...

...the '05 Bears won in spite of Orton and went to a Super Bowl a year later with Rex Grossman. He led the '09 Broncos to one of the biggest collapses in NFL history. They started 6-0 and missed the playoffs. They were terrible this year.

In the process of putting up career numbers, Kyle Orton is 5-18 in his last 23 starts. Not exactly what I'd consider a winner...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar