Brandon Lloyd anyone?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Do you use your head before you post these threads?

Please tell me why you think it's a good idea to get another WR.

Britt, Wright, Washington, Hunter, Walter, Williams. Where does Lloyd for in? I'm not saying he isn't better than a few of these guys. But it literally makes no sense to sign him with these WRs already on our team.

Are you one of these guys who is already considering Nate to be off the team? I just don't get this thinking.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I just dont think Nate is worth the money we are paying him!

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree with that, but it is what it is. He has been our most reliable WR. We shouldn't get rid of him just yet. He's been one of my favorite players since he joined the team.

Let's wait until next offseason to decide if we want to keep him for his final year under contract. Either way, when his contract runs out, I highly doubt we bring him back.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Would rather give the spot to Michael Preston. Lloyd is done I believe, Preston actually looked decent in the 2 games he played.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lloyd isn't a significant (if any) upgrade to Washington. No point.

6. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

He didn't do much with Brady throwing the ball to him. Il pass he is overrated not worth the money he wants. I would rather keep Washington.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Cut ties with Wash for a free agent receiver? Who will probably cost more? I'm not sure you understand how football and salary caps work. Plus, Nate has been the best player on this team for 2-3 seasons. He's going to have less of a role, but he'll likely be a part of this team for a while to come. He's a natural slot receiver and that's right where he could spend the rest of his career as far as I'm concerned.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah thats why they were trying to shop him around looking for a trade a few weeks ago!!!

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That's different. In a trade you get return. Cutting Nate would hurt our salary cap next year, and Lloyd would be expensive. And people get out on the block all the time. Very few in this league aren't expendable.

10. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

How much would Loyd be asking? This makes no sense for us or for Lloyd. We would be paying too much for someone to come in and be the #4 receiver. Why would Lloyd even be interested in coming here. Hunter may be nothing, but you can bet he is getting a shot. Britt will perform this year (contract). Kendall Wright had an awesome rookie season. Where does Lloyd fit into this equation? Mentor? Nate Washington has way more value to us than Lloyd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar