Breaking down the '08 roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Since we have four months until training camp, I thought it might be fun to look at the positional breakdown for the Titans and make some predictions as to who will finally land on the final 53-man roster.

QB - 2: Young, Collins
    RB - 3: White, Henry, C. Johnson
    FB - 2: Hall, Cramer
    TE - 4: Crumpler, Scaife, Stevens, Blakley
    OL - 8: Roos, Stewart, Mawae, Amano, Loper, Harris, Scott, Otto
    WR - 8: Gage, R. Williams, P. Williams, B. Jones, Hawkins, McCareins, Davis, Ealy
    K - 1: Bironas
    P - 1: Miller
    DL - 8: KVB, Haynesworth, Brown, Kearse, Fisher, A. Johnson, J. Jones, Hayes
    LB - 7: Bulluck, Tulloch, Fowler, Thornton, Amato, Keglar, Stamer
    DB - 10: Harper, Finnegan, Hill, Griffin, Hope, Fuller, Lowry, Nickey, C. Williams, Carr, King

Heading into camp, I think we'll see a good battle at WR because Mike Williams may surprise. I don't think B. Jones or Davis are guaranteed anything. And it's always possible another WR could be brought in before camp.

C. Williams may end up on the practice squad if he doesn't do well as a gunner. Nickey and King will be battling for one of those last spots as they seem to each year. Special teams play seems to dictate the final few.

Guys like Cramer or Otto may be upgraded. The Titans may also look to bring in another LB at some point which could shake things up a bit.

Thoughts?

2. Safe to say they won't keep both Cramer and Blakely. Maybe neither. But they may be competing for the same roster spot.

Might as well list Mike Williams at WR and give him a chance.

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I think Mike Williams will be on that list. My sneaking suspicion tells me that he's having a great off season and will possibly start to live up to his potential......hence a reason why they didn't go after one of the big name WR's in the draft.

My guess is B. Jones or Ealy will not make it.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The WR battles are going to be interesting to watch because you have 3 guaranteed starters (Gage, Mcareins, and R. Williams). Then, throw into the mix Brandon Jones, Mike Williams, Chris Davis, Paul Williams, Byron Ealy, Hawkins, and possibly some more UFA's, and I'd say its going to be an intense battle. I'll definately have to go to BSP to watch some of the camps...

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Jeff, do you think Hentrich retires or does Miller just beat him out?

6. TitanJeff

The only reason I think Miller was signed is because Hentrich is strongly considering retirement.

7. TitanJeff

I write off Cramer every year and the guy manages to hang on. Unless they can get Stevens to handle some of his duties, who backs up Hall?

I assume they won't cut Blakley if they have concerns about the health of Crumpler.

I hope Mike Williams is the pleasant surprise of training camp and the NFL Comeback Player of the Year. But he's not shown anything yet.

8. Cramer sucks as a blocker. He's not even worth playing as a backup FB.

9. TitanJeff

I guess how Dinger plans on using the FB will have an impact here as well. Hall may see his playing time dwindling soon.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I really think Brandon Jones is one of our best WRs, but I think he is Calico-esque, always injured and thus you can't count on him.....damn shame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar