Breakpoint - I'm done.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

wasn't it an old sports philosophy that it doesn't matter how you win the game, you just win the game?! A win is a win is a win is a win, it's all the same.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

the people ragging on Riverman don't even have tickets or their parents buy them. They don't have a clue about the cost.

Heck I even offered Rolltide some tickets last yr and he didn't even bother responding. Some fan he is :brow:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

sure, that is as true as it ever was, but winning big and playing football that's not sketchy has value as a fan. You don't want to part with money to see scraping by. It's about quality. Better quality = more enjoyment. Just ask a Patriots fan.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

When did the Titans ever shut out a team 59-0?

granted, I didn't pay to see that, but still.

5. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

I'm from Ohio, so I grew up drowning in Cleveland sports misery, but one thing I've learned from that is that you never give up on your team, no matter how much turmoil you have to wade through. To hell with the money spent, I would give my left arm to live in Nashville and have the ability to go to any game, win or lose.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thanks for telling me the tone of my post RT- I'm glad your here- I was confused about what I had written. I lump you into the illiterate when you can't comprehend that the intended theme of the thread is about VALUE of going to the games. It is multi-factorial and includes the components outlined in the post. But since you are 25-30 points of higher intelligence than other board members (according to one of your posts) I'll assume you understand that.

In regards to admitting anything- I still stand by what I posted. I didn't find the game day experience worth it any more. I imagine I've put more into the organization financially than you have. Does that make me more of a fan and you less of one? I don't think so. I still support the team- just on a more normal level (occasional games, merchandise and watch on TV).

The only reason I'm again interested in going to the game (which nobody wanted to buy my tix at face value anyway) is because I want to experience what Randy Moss might bring. Acquiring a marquee player of Moss's caliber is unprecedented in this organization- at least since they've been in Nashville. I believe he might even be the sort of spark that "gets us over the hump". The difference maker so to speak. Not having that type of player has been a major criticism I've had of the organization.

I've saluted the organization for their willingness to change course and bring a marquee player in to the organization in another post. But I guess you missed that in one of your "little fits" of bias.

7. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

The Titans have had only like two shutouts in over the last 10 years, the biggest being back in 2000 against the Cowboys in the last game of the season and we only beat them 31-0. The closest we've ever come to a huge shutout was 47-7 against the Rams last season... a blowout, but not a shutout, definitely not 59-0 .

Hell, since moving to Tennessee in 1997 the Titans have only scored 50 points total in a game twice.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Reading comprehension is certainly not a friend of many on this board. Sheesh....

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

And i'll dump you in the category of child like-whiner who threw a fit after the loss of one game. You were not alone.

I guess you had to brag how much money you make that you could "dump" 100K on entertainment. Was that your objective?

Wow what a real fan you are. Vince Young(you and sec used to make fun of his intelligence) is not enough? Chris Johnson is not enough? Kenney Britt? Finny? Griffin?

This is a good team with many exciting players but it takes a past his prime version Randy Moss to get you to want to go to the games.

"Marquee"? Randy Moss has fewer receiving yard than Nate Washington. I guess he could help the team with Britt out.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Of course it is meaningless how you win a game. I would rather have my favorite team win ugly then lose pretty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar