Bright side of the 1st Quater for Titans [Clear improvement]

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ICBW, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Below is a list of playmakers we have played

Vikings :: Adrian Peterson (!!!) | Stefon Diggs | Sharif Floyd | Anthony Barr | Harrison Smith | Xavier Rhodes | Everson Griffin

Lions :: Marvin Jones | Eric Ebron | Haloti Ngata | Kyle Van Noy | Darius Slay | Glover Quin | Ziggy Ansah

Raiders :: Derek Carr | Michael Crabtree | Latavius Murray | Khalil Mack | Malcom Smith | Sean Smith | David Amerson | Bruce Irvin | Reggie Nelson

Texans :: Lamar Miller | DeAndre Hopkins (!!!) | Will Fuller | Jadeveon Clowney | Kevin Johnson | Whitney Mercilus | Vince Wilfork |

For reference [Titans playmakers :: Delanie Walker | DeMarco Murray | Jurrell Casey | Brian Orakpo]

The point is that we have played teams with WAY more talent at skill positions than the Titans currently have & have been in every single game. Alot of people are saying this is the same Titans team as last year, but for being the worst team in the league the last 2 years this is a clear sign of improvement.

It seems like we have been avoiding bullets with every team we've played not having a big game from their superstar (Vikings - Xavier Rhodes was hurt | Lions - DeAndre Levy was hurt | Raiders - Khalil Mack was non-existent | Texans - JJ Watt was hurt).

The Dolphins defense is full of capable playmakers with Mario Williams, Cameron Wake, Ndamukong Suh, Xavien Howard, Kiko Alonso & Rashad Jones. If they ever wake up then this game could get real ugly, and that's me being optimistic. On the flip note I am very happy that we have seem to figured out our offensive line.

Thoughts?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Isn't it like 3am over there?

3. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

when you get your wisdom tooth pulled out your nights are filled with painkillers, sports & old movies.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

There is no bright side when Mularkey is your head coach

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Playing the Titans will wake the Dolphins up like a hit of crack, a nose full of cocaine and 6 adderral pills combined. That's what the Titans do best.

6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

We dodged bullets with other teams playmakers not having big games? But then you list three three of the four being hurt and not playing? And this is a clear sign of improvement? We are 1-3, and cant beat teams when their playmakers are out due to injury. Not a sign of improvement.

Not trying to bash you OP, but it amazes me the length at which people will go to convince themselves that we have improved. Our record through 4 games in 2015 was 1-3 and in 2016 is 1-3. We have not improved. Sure we dont have the collapses like we did against the Browns / Bills lile last year, but we dont when close games. The difference between good teams and bad teams is that good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose. We consistently find a way to lose.

It's cool if you want to start claiming moral victories so we can convince ourselves their is hope for the future but at the end of the day the win loss column is the only thing that matters and we are not improving.

We have improved in talent. But we are a poorly coached undisciplined football team that is on pace to match last years record and given our brutal schedule I doubt we do that.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Same record and a worse point differential up to this point last year. Where is the improvement?

The improvement can be seen in individual units, but overall it's the same ****.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am looking at W's and L's....Plain and simple...I shouldn't (as a fan) have to be an F ing investigator to see what we are improving on or not....I think I speak for everyone when I say, I am tired of TRYING to find the good amongst all of the BAD. Show me some damn wins.....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We have about two more games before the players are going to start losing interest. Some never had any, some older ones are just getting a check. We don't appear to have any leadership on this team other than Walker, but in fairness, I am not in the locker room and don't know the real atmosphere. I think some vets just think "rookie" QB and until he shows he can be clutch and play somewhat like a veteran you won't have a max effort from players. Sort of a "Catch 22". Hard to start winning when people aren't doing their best, but start winning then everyone gets on the train. The toughest part are the feelings about the QB. How many times have you heard that if "insert favorite here" is in the game, we always have a chance to win, we are never out of it, he's the guy, etc. They look for that leadership. We aren't there yet. A few wins and it really helps. A few losses and we are in trouble again.

10. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I will say this as a positive. In previous years it looked like Walker/ Caseyas the real football player we had and now it looks like we have more player they can and want to play, they just need a coaching staff that will develop them as a team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar