Bring back Floyd Reese!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

He was also responsible for the stupid McNair contract situation where we had to lock him out and traded him away unceremoniously. No respect, Eddie and Steve deserved to retire as Titans. I understand that Bud played a part in it but still. Reese and his cap genius put us in cap hell. Have we forgotten?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I have never seen anything in my life comparable to what happened that year with the salary cap. That was insane and inexcusable.
  3. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Remember when people on this board thought that was normal? We all thought the Colts were like two years away from it because they had been good for a handful of years. We kept telling Colts fans, "You're time will come for cap hell, just wait!" It still hasn't come...
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. titans1839

titans1839 Special Teams Standout

hahaha no way. Adams fired him for a reason. no way he comes back
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I remember people saying the Ravens went through it as well......well they didn't thats for sure. They also drafted replacements very well.
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I'd rather us never hire anyone with Titan/Oiler ties ever again. Like, ever.
  8. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

They most definitely went though it. They recovered better.
  9. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

No... you dont just selectively say "yes that was a Bud pick but lets put that on floyd reese just cause i can" That was a Bud Adams pick. You may want to count it anyways, but it doenst make you right

Haynesworth was one of the biggest reasons we were worth anything in 2007 and 2008 so..... yea ill go ahead and disagree with you there too. Unless you want to give the credit for those two seasons to Schwartz or Fisher.

And should have could have, in hindsight, its always easy to look back and say what if.
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Reese first 5-6 drafts were excellent. His last 5-6 drafts were piss poor and he missed out on some players who could have made a significant difference to our franchise.

Why a GM change now? Our last draft was excellent.