Bring back Floyd Reese!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Looking back, that top ten was absolute garbage. Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, VY, D'Brickishaw Ferguson, AJ Hawk, Vernon Davis, Michael Huff, Donte Whitner, Ernie Sims, and Matt Leinart. I'd say Davis is the only one who lived up to being that high of a draft pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think Davis is even all he is cracked up to be. Now I'd love to have Donte Whitner.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If VY didn't have the maturity level of a high school kid we would be fine

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yep. And I remember thinking at the time it was possibly the greatest 1st round I'd ever seen. I was sooooo excited that year because I knew we were going to wind up with either Bush, VY, or Leinart.

:anon:

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

There were a lot of solid players taken in the first round, just not in the top ten. Haloti Ngata, Chad Greenway, Antonio Cromartie, Tamba Hali, Manny Lawson, Davin Joseph, Jonathon Joseph, Santonio Holmes, DeAngelo Williams, Nick Mangold and Mathias Kiwanuka.

6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Bring back Reese?

That ish cray.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Hindsight... It's so easy to say that...If you remember, ESPN was going crazy about how Moss was out of control and wouldn't listen to authority. In fact, Moss was supposed to be a top 5. The whole.. We missed on Moss argument is stale and easily debunked. 20 other teams passed on him too.

Since this about Floyd Reese, he didn't want VY and neither did Fisher... and Bud did. Floyd Reese didn't want Lendale White, he wanted Devis Hester, but Fisher got his way and drafted Lendale. That's why Reese left.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True. But we're the only team that passed on him for another WR.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

His job is to make the right calls on a consistent basis. He did not do that.

/discussion

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think Webster has done a good job so far. This year was his first at GM and he had a decent draft. Kendale Wright, Zach Brown, and Mike Martin are all decent players and contributed this season. If he can repeat that success next season then our team will be in a good postion heading into 2014.

I would at least give him a chance to hire his own coach before I cut him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar