Bring back Floyd Reese!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

There was once a thread on here called "Michael Irvin is back on the powder" in relation to us picking Kendal Wright in the first round. We could have done light years better with our first overall pick. We didn't need another WR.

2. World Peace

there was a point in time that this organization didn't want to gamble on guys who were going to bring in bad press. I don't doubt them for one bit for passing on Moss given the information we had at the time. A few years later, we got past all of that and drafted Pacman in which Fisher told the FO that if anything bad happens, it's on me... and look where that got us.

To say that Moss was anything but a gamble due to his character issues is an understatement.

3. World Peace

Perhaps we should knowingly draft financially irresponsible guys like Dez Bryant. For example, Dez is so broke, he can't afford to go out there and put up a 10 yard game... If he stops making money, his financiers will be very upset with him... Thats why the dude has a terrible attitude but plays really well. Those are the kind of guys I want to have on my team.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Reese took Pacman because Fish face wanted him. Fish Face went over Reese's head to Bud and had Bud make Reese take him.

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Bulluck.....There goes your credibility.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Not no, but hell no. Floyd ran this team into the ground by not being able to handle money properly.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh I agree. No one had a clue he would go on to have this kind of career, obviously. I'm just saying it stings worse for us than the other 19 teams that passed on him because we actually drafted his position. And whiffed pretty bad.

8. World Peace

Not really an issue anymore.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Floyd did what almost all GMs at the time were doing. Does not mean he will do that now. . . . . With respect to the Cap.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I disagree. The only player I think would have been "light years" better for our team is David Decastro. Also, we did need another WR. Kenny Britt was coming of an ACL tear. Damien Williams is solid depth but he is nothing more then a number 3 guy. Hawkins is a joke.

Going into last season Nate Washington was the only receiver the could have been counted on to produce. WR was a need; just not as big as one as OL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar