Bring back Justin McCareins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Go ahead and extinguish your torches. I might have a point here. Sure, we all know Jmac couldn't catch the ball. In hindsight, was that really a disadvantage? This year, we lose Jmac and get Kenny Britt and Nate Washington. A definite upgrade right? Maybe on paper. Not on the field. With Jmac on the field, we had to run the ball because we had no other option.

The Titans running game has always been the staple of this offense. Where did it go? 16 touches for CJ? 48 Passing Attempts? I only saw LenStale in the game for a few snaps... As he famously said last year "What do you expect me to do with 3 touches?"

Now that Kerry no longer has Jmac, he has a license to throw the ball. Is this really what we want? Go ahead and research the stats, the more Kerry throws the ball, the more INTs and less points we have. Look at his career stats. The proof is in the puddin.

Kerry Collins is a game manager, not a gunslinger. Throwing the ball 48 times? Is LenDale White allergic to the football? Does he not get any touches?

Granted, the D-fense is putting the O-fense in positions where it has to bail each other out, but the O-fense is terrible as well.

Kerry, you are a snake oil salesman. I hope you enjoy that $7 million dollar a year payday that you didn't deserve.

Vince, you're pretty terrible too. If this was the direction the Titans wanted to go in a few years ago, we shoulda just kept Billy Volek, paid him alot less, and we could air the ball out 50 times a game and go 2-14 every year.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

we run the ball when we lead in games, and throw when we're behind. Plain and simple.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Do you watch the games?

In our first 3 possessions we had 5 passes, 4 runs.

In our 4th possession that led to a field goal, we had 7 passes, 7 runs.

Out of all that LW had 2 runs.

Fisher actually has gotten away from his run first philosophy and we are worse off for it. But I know with your faith in Collins you must be a fan of this strategy.

4. World Peace

I really wouldn't mind our current offensive strategy if we had Peyton Manning taking snaps. Since he is not taking snaps, we should go back to running the ball and not letting KFC throw the ball more than 20 times a game.

As for defense, we have the talent, thats no lie... but if you stand off the WRs by 7 or more yards every play, you are going to get picked apart. That's not a talent problem, that's a coaching problem. What's the difference between this year and last year? Cecil.

He may have been the most violent man in the NFL in his hayday, but he's most certainly become the softest defensive coordinator in 2009. What other teams tell their corners to play 7-10 yards off the receiver? Does he have no faith? I understand not giving up the big play, but at what cost? Isn't that why there is a safety on the field?

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yeah, I do. Been watching them a long time. We were behind before our second possession. Heimerdinger has been trying to mix it up with passing on first down now and then, and that's what he did on our first series. Complain when we pass the ball, and complain about "run, run, pass, punt". :rolleyes:

As long as we trail in ball games, you're going to see much more passing. Chewing the clock (running the ball) is only effective if you have the lead. Passing the ball preserves the clock to have more chances to make plays. It's called clock management. Any football fan should know this. It's not any kind of new strategy. Look at our fake run defense of '03. We got up early in most games on McNair's arm. Forced teams to abandon the run. We had the "best" run defense that season because we only gave up so few yards rushing per game, but gave up a high YPC. All those teams that abandoned the run were playing the same way we're having to play now, due to our porous defense.

And no, I'm not a fan of a strategy that involves having to rely on an inadequate passing game to catch up in points. Unlike you, I don't put players above the team.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's a good point. I said it after week 1... more targets for Kerry Collins may have been the worst thing that could have ever happened to this team.

7. World Peace

We should bring in Tashard Choice and run the triple option.

8. amy

amy Starter

I know that's what we do, but why? I want to know the rationale behind it. It apparantly isn't working.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Explained:

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So, once we are down one score we should abandon our long standing offensive philosophy and air it out?

I think we should rely on the run more in the first half, regardless of the score.

I'm not a fan of a strategy that requires Collins to throw the ball 30+ times in a game.

I'm not a fan of the strategy to no longer use LW.

I don't put players above the team. You do with your disdain for VY. It's ok, if he plays good, ever, I'm sure you will disappear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar